cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Hyatt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no service, my account is not delinquent, SIM card was not changed but taken out and replaced immediately, checked settings . Still no service. What should I do next?

8 REPLIES 8

Jmoreland
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do you have WIFI service if not this might be something wrong with your phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hyatt wrote:

I have no service, my account is not delinquent, SIM card was not changed but taken out and replaced immediately, checked settings . Still no service. What should I do next?

If your account status is active,

1.  Test your PM SIM card with a working phone to determine whether the issue is your phone or PM provisioning issue.

2.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  Restart your phone and test again.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Hyatt are you getting an emergency services only message? If you are, log into your self service account,  choose the change sim card option and compare the last 4 digits to the sim in the phone.  They should match. Thanks. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Hyatt  As you say you have paid in full, but have no service, you likely need assistance from the moderators.

To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. Click it then login and pick the topic, if needed, from the drop down menu. To confirm your ticket has been submitted, check the SENT box in your private messages; click the small envelope beside your avatar at top right on your screen.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Hyatt 

Do you have another phone you can try your sim card in.....? You have access to your account?

public1125
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Hyatt 

Try the things that @gpixel4  suggested after you tried the ON and OFF trick with then phone.  Those should take care of it.  

If those do not work, you might have a problem with sim slot or maybe the sim. Can check to see in settings if the phone recognizes that a sim is in place

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Hyatt 

• check again and make sure the sim is seated correctly
  • try resetting your network setting
  • toggle airplane mode on/off
  • reset your sim in your self serve account by enable/disable lost/stolen mode

whats the make and model of the device?

public1125
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Hyatt

Have you tried to power cycle your phone?  Some phones require it to be turned off and then on for it to read the sim that was just reinserted 

Need Help? Let's chat.