cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service!

Mippy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I changed to PM yesterday, I had service in the morning once my coworker fixed the ARN for me but since yesterday afternoon, nothing. Help please!! I need service!!! 😕

13 REPLIES 13

Mippy

@will13am

But to have no service when it's never been a problem with any other provider, including Telus? That seems odd to me.

But if it is something that can't be addressed, there is no point for me to be with Public Moblie if I can't get any service while home. But I've prepaid for 3 months in advance. If there is nothing that can be done, will they refund any of that so I can get a service that works at home?

@Dunkman wrote:

@Mippy

You are right.  It does not make sense.  Public Mobile uses Telus/Bell towers.  I think that you can check online for any Telus tower outtages in  your area.  Toronto should have a strong signal.  Maybe your newest tower is not working properly?  

You might want to contact moderator to see what their thoughts are.  But, there is a 2-3 days wait minimum.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

I am not sure what moderators can do for a situation like this.  The account has no issues, there's service, just reception seems iffy.  Dead spots in the city are rare but they do happen.  My office building is a challenging place to get good reception.  The first floor elevator lobby is a Faraday cage.  So many visitors come and check their phones while waiting for the elevator only to see no reception.  The crazy thing is freedom still continues to have the strongest signal of all the carriers.

@Mippy

Yes, the wait times are been bad the last couple of weeks.  If you read the forum, there are many people waiting even 3-4 days for response.  The moderators are generally very helpful, but I think that they are overwhelmed at the present time.  Public mobile should hire more moderators....

In the meantime, maybe you can use VOIP system like fongo.com until this gets resolved.  

Mippy

@Dunkman

I've messaged them, though it seems shocking to me that the best I can hope for is to hear back at the soonest 2 days from now... 

@Mippy

You are right.  It does not make sense.  Public Mobile uses Telus/Bell towers.  I think that you can check online for any Telus tower outtages in  your area.  Toronto should have a strong signal.  Maybe your newest tower is not working properly?  

You might want to contact moderator to see what their thoughts are.  But, there is a 2-3 days wait minimum.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Mippy

@Jarvar

I've lived in the same 4th floor apartment for about 4 years. In those years I was first with Telus and then with Fido. Fido did just update and add wifi calling but that was only a couple months ago and I never had issues with service before that. I have no service at all in my apartment now. It makes zero sense, I'm in the middle of Toronto, there shouldn't be an issues. I'm really frustrated becuase I did the 3 months up front. If it is just that their coverage in my area is terrible, will PM really expect me to carry on with the service and not get a refund? 

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's unfortunate @Mippy

Maybe some other community members can chime in on what better way to increase reception or if the signal gets better over time. 

Just out of curiousity, what carrier were you with before?

I switched over from Rogers, I haven't really noticed any decrease in reception or service. Maybe in the basement in some corner pockets I lose reception. Other carriers have solved it with Wifi Calling, which Public Mobile doesn't have. Also the same places deep inside buildings where I had poorer connections before also persist now. Technically Public Mobile is on the same network as Telus and Koodo.

Mippy

@Jarvar I have the 15 gb over 3 months 4g LTE build your own plan.

Data is enabled, there was no problem at my office during the day when I first transfered nor a problem this morning when I was in a different area of the city. And my data is automatic. Everything is fine except that service suddenly drops which I never had an issue with any of the other providers I had.

Jarvar

That sounds like good news @Mippy

However, the lack of service around your apartment isn't great.
What kind of plan do you have? Do you have Cellular Data LTE enabled and Data roaming turned on?

I had to fiddle with that when I first went with Public Mobile from Rogers. Also I turned my Cellular Network to be on Automatic.

See if that helps with your signal.

Mippy

@Jarvar @mimmo @will13am @slash407

I have an LG G5 and it turns out that my problem isn't my phone but the service. I live in central Toronto but around my apartment, service suddently drops. I didn't realize that as the cause becuase I got out of the subway and went straight home without looking at my phone but I noticed it this morning when I went to a friend's in the morning in the east end and suddenly all my texts started coming in.

Jarvar

Welcome @Mippy to Public Mobile.

What kind of Phone do you have? Different phones have different methods of getting to the APN settings.

Here are the APN settings for the Public Mobile Network.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407if data does not work the first thing to do is set up the APN setting.  A valid APN is for both Data and MMS.  There are many threads on this topic. 

@slash407 wrote:

u mean apn? its only for mms otherwise u need to go to the default apn for data access. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mippy, are you able to login to your self serve account and confirm the service is active?  If so, are you having problems connecting the phone to the network? 

Need Help? Let's chat.