Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Leslie1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Account is active but I have no service

10 REPLIES 10

@Leslie1972 February 2020 there was a data breach in the Telus family. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@Leslie1972 wrote:

Checked the SIM card. Numbers don’t match.   

how does that happen when i haven’t changed the card

@Leslie1972 Someone, somehow got into your account. Hit the Suspend Service (Under Plans/add ons tab, lost/stolen phone) button and change your password immediately. Then notify the moderators and use "Sim Swapped/Jacked"  as a subject.

If you use your phone number as a password reset or 2FA you need to go to those accounts and change it. Notify banks and credit cards of potential fraud ASAP.

AND CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD ON YOUR PUBLIC MOBILE "MY ACCOUNT"

@kb_mv wrote:

@Leslie1972 wrote:

@Leslie1972 Someone, somehow got into your account. Hit the Suspend Service (Under Plans/add ons tab, lost/stolen phone) button and change your password immediately. Then notify the moderators and use "Sim Swapped/Jacked"  as a subject.

If you use your phone number as a password reset or 2FA you need to go to those accounts and change it. Notify banks and credit cards of potential fraud ASAP.

AND CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD ON YOUR PUBLIC MOBILE "MY ACCOUNT"

Leslie1972

I have changed password and cancelled service. 

@Leslie1972 wrote:

Leslie1972

@Leslie1972 

When you check to see if your sim card matches the one in your account as suggested by @Jb456  if they do not immediately change your password and use the lost/stolen feature to suspend your service.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try logging into your account and mark your phone lost then wait 5 minutes and mark it found.

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

switch the SIM into another phone to see if its the phone or a SIM problem.  If its the phone reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

If its the SIM try the lost/ stolen trick to reset your service. 

From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

If this fails, contact the moderators and ask them to reset your service for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.

Good Luck & Cheers

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Make and model of phone?

Are you brand new?

Did you port a number?

Or has service worked in the past?

In your account click " change sim card" it will show last 4 digits of sim. 

Green arrow

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Now take the sim out of your phone? Do the numbers match?

What have you tried ? Reboot phone? Reset network settings?

Will wait your response!

Need Help? Let's chat.