Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Rory3575
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My sim card will not activate 

44 REPLIES 44

@Rory3575 iPhone ??

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

Is Public Mobile showing up top or SOS? Have you tried resetting your network settings and rebooting? If you haven't, you can give that a try. According to Google, you can reset them but do not touch the option to erase eSIM.

Rory3575

Yes, I took out my other sim and rebooted. It shows that the esim is primary but I don't think it is getting receptions

Have you tried going to your settings, choose Connections. Then choose SIM card manager. THen choose Primary SIM. Choose the PM SIM card or eSIM and save. Then reboot the phone.

Rory3575

pixel 7

What phone is it?

@Rory3575 

Did you contact a CS_Agent to help you with your activation? It shouldn’t be this difficult.

Rory3575

it is an esim, i have tried everything

Rory3575

I did port my number over but my phone cannot connect with my esim. 

Rory3575

no. I received it today

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you trying to use an old SIM card from your junk drawer? If you are a previous member of public mobile those are one time used cards only unless you're transferring them to a new phone at the time or just another phone in general. Once they've been inactive for 90 days they are garbage.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rory3575 

The most common reasons are not doing it on the app, not using a compatible device, and ensuring you are using a new Public Mobile Sim card from a reputable supplier.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rory3575 

You need to activate your SIM on the PM app on your phone. Activation can’t be activate on the computer/laptop any more.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Rory3575 

Did you port over your number from a different service? What about restarting your phone? And finally, have you tried your SIM card in another phone. Sometimes that does the trick. Then you put it back in your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.