cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service- Attempted Port-in from Telus on Friday

martyjmeyer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I activated my acount on Friday and attempted to Port-in my number from Telus.  It is now Monday afternoon and I still don't have service.  I am worried that the port failed and I will loose my number.  I sent a message to the moderator and have had no response for over 72 hours.  Is this normal.  Can someone please help me resolve this issue...I am getting desperate.  Thank you,

Martin

8 REPLIES 8

@martyjmeyer More food for thought: https://www.payetteforward.com/my-iphone-says-no-service-heres-the-real-fix/.

But as your phone was working on Telus (right ?), my bet is that your account needs to be reset by the moderators. This is especially true if your Telus SIM no longer works.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@martyjmeyer More ideas:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

c) https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m...

But really I think you need assitance from the moderators. To submit a ticket click the ? on the lower right of this page, enter "ticket", then click "Contact us", then click "Submit a ticket", then click "Submit a ticket" and follow the directions to do so.

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

martyjmeyer

Hello,

My phone is an iphone se and it says no service in the top left hand hand corner.  Any suggestions?

Martin

martyjmeyer

Hi,

Thanks again for your help.  I powered down for 15 minutes and inserted the SIM card and powered up.  Still no service.  Any suggestions?

Martin

@martyjmeyer wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your message.  It was helpful.  The Telus Port Team let me know the number was successfully ported to Public Mobile and that my acount is active adn should have service.  I still don't have service.  Any suggestions,

Martin

What message do you see on the phone after rebooting with the SIM installed? What is make/model of your phone?

@martyjmeyer wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your message.  It was helpful.  The Telus Port Team let me know the number was successfully ported to Public Mobile and that my acount is active adn should have service.  I still don't have service.  Any suggestions,

Martin

@martyjmeyer  Power down your phone. Remove the sim, wait for 15 minutes. Re-insert the sim card into your device and power up. Does it work?

martyjmeyer

Hi,

Martin

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@martyjmeyer wrote:

Hello,

I activated my acount on Friday and attempted to Port-in my number from Telus.  It is now Monday afternoon and I still don't have service.  I am worried that the port failed and I will loose my number.  I sent a message to the moderator and have had no response for over 72 hours.  Is this normal.  Can someone please help me resolve this issue...I am getting desperate.  Thank you,

Martin

@martyjmeyer  Check this post for info on how to resolve this.

Porting Problems
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

Need Help? Let's chat.