cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HERE IS THE FIX EVERYONE IS WAITING FOR

seltaeb1956
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

SORRY ABOUT CAPS BUT I HAVE BEEN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BEING IN LIMBO WITH PORTING AND ACTIVATION, FOLLOW THESE STEPS WHICH I FOUND FROM ANOTHER MEMBER ON HERE, AND BOOM , NUMBER PORTED, AND YOU CAN LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. HERE YOU GO FOLKS............

[ Edited ]

I was walking around with 2 phones as my Rogers Sim was still working and PM was only receiving texts.  I was was in Limbo as I waited for a moderator. Until I figured it out and the Port was complete.  .

The fix for me...

1.  On PM website top right hand corner I clicked on MY Account

2.  On the right click on Create Account

3.  Put in the phone number you tried to port over from your old carrier

4.  If the number indeed was ported, you'll get a message that says click to send verification.

if the number wasn't ported, you'll get the following error The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already.  I cannot help you if you get this message and you cannot move on to step 5 below.

5.  If your number did port, but was in limbo.  Put the PM sim in your phone and within a second or 2 you'll should get a text from PM with a verification code

6.  Back on PM website, fill in the code you received on your phone.

7.  Click Continue and the next tab will ask to create account.

8.  Use the email address you used when you created the account when you signed up to the promotion.  I used that email address, but any email address will work to create profile.

9. Type in a new password.

10.  It will say account has been created.

11.  Now Click on MY Account, fill in the fields username name and password you just created

12.  Once I logged in, I saw that my number had actually been ported.  It hadn't worked previously because I guess I never had an account/profile on PM website.   Once I logged in, I did see payment had gone through, my phone number had been ported and within 5 minutes, the PM sim started working receiving text, incoming and outgoing calls began.  Rogers sim stopped working within 20 minutes.

All I noticed was autopay wasn't enabled.  I enabled it and now I'm working on PM.

37 REPLIES 37

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Invalid sim, means it was already activated. Usually you can put it in your phone and it'll work. That's if your credit card got charged. Of course you should try and set up self serve.

People please try the sim in your phone before complaining, please.

SmudgeBro

So hopeful, but no - got the error message in step 4.

However, outgoing calls work, outgoing texts work, incoming texts work (on PM Network), but incoming calls still go to old Rogers SIM.  Anyone else in the same boat?  Feels.... strange.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Worked for my friend today as well!

kingbread

hi 

thanks for this,

i just want to ask, did your previous acct with your provider get cancelled properly?

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Bump for a potential solution. This should help those in limbo due to pm's glitchy website. Probably not for those who entered the wrong port information but it's definitely worth a try. Bravoed

retrophysim

@seltaeb1956 Bump. I haven't had any problems porting but I'm just here to bump your post because it has worked for @celmensp so it should work for others. 

Great post!

clemensp

Amazing.

I can confirm that this works.  Thanks @seltaeb1956.

I just finished activating my number ported from wind, and tested sending text messages and calling.

Just in case someone is wondering what state of limbo I was in:

My activation had failed on the last step, and when I tried re-starting registration, it said the SIM was invalid. However, my credit card had been charged.

Everything is working now.  🙂

After you're done setting up the account, you should setup your phone for data:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Need Help? Let's chat.