cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No overage, unlimited data

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've checked Lucky and Chatr websites. Chatr no longer offers unlimited data but Lucky still does. Lucky may drop it at some point as well. PM should offer it and stay with it to lure customers away from Freedom. Any thoughts?

12 REPLIES 12

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Screenshot_20191112-170655.jpg

It seems at 106Kbps I may as well be running my data at dial up. Smiley Sad

Obice

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

I've checked Lucky and Chatr websites. Chatr no longer offers unlimited data but Lucky still does. 

They both still have it. Chatr's over usage sperd is slow at 64Kbps but nothing's changed.

What is the point of it though? Other than the fact of being able to say "hey, we got unlimited data!" there isn't really a point to having that unlimited data when it is so slow.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

I've checked Lucky and Chatr websites. Chatr no longer offers unlimited data but Lucky still does. 

They both still have it. Chatr's over usage sperd is slow at 64Kbps but nothing's changed.

Obice

@jor123 wrote:

I'd love to see this from PM as well. Smiley Frustrated

If they do, I would expect the price to rise or for the performance to be lacking. This service along with Chatr and Lucky are of the lowest tier services after all.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'd love to see this from PM as well. Smiley Frustrated

Obice

@AE_Collector wrote:

Yes I recall that...it may have been that one of the competitors went 512K when they all quickly added unlimited.

I don't have a problem with it being slow as long as still usable for basic things. That is the point, to not leave you high and dry but if you need full speed that is an option at higher cost. Everyone's needs and willingness to pay are different!

AE_Collector

If you call a lot of people, text a lot, use your data a lot, any or all of the above then paying for a second and maybe even first tier service is worth your while.

Personally I barely text or call anyone and use my data also quite sparingly so paying more than $25 is a bit ridiculous to me. A family member is with Fido under my name (from when I did have Fido) and they use their service a lot and seem happy with it.

Yes I recall that...it may have been that one of the competitors went 512K when they all quickly added unlimited.

I don't have a problem with it being slow as long as still usable for basic things. That is the point, to not leave you high and dry but if you need full speed that is an option at higher cost. Everyone's needs and willingness to pay are different!

AE_Collector

Obice

@AE_Collector wrote:

TELUS went with 512K I believe for their slow unlimited data. So, that is a possibility but yes more likely 64k, 128K or maybe 256K.

AE_Collector

Actually they went with 256kbps at first then 512kbps. My guess is people complained or they had a VERY SLIGHT change of heart. At any rate, anything below 1mbps is kind of a joke in 2019.

TELUS went with 512K I believe for their slow unlimited data. So, that is a possibility but yes more likely 64k, 128K or maybe 256K at PM if it ever happens.

AE_Collector

Obice

The problem I see with the lowest tiered services providing unlimited data is that they capped it at 64kbps and if you aren't aware dial-up is about 56kbps. So you are getting unlimited internet but at a speed that I would personally just say "forget about it...".

Now if they gave us unlimited data at maybe half the normal speed, we'd be in business, we'd be talking... Think they will? They probably would if enough people demanded it but it seems the majority accept what's given to them.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi!  

This is an interesting idea.  I have always loved the idea of more data.

PM has been innovative and able to adapt quickly in the past.  So I am sure they are able to get this done if the numbers work for them.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PAULRANG18  My guess is that the odds of Lucky dropping it are higher  than PM offering it. Smiley Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.