cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to add US Roaming

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

There's still no option on my account to add US Roaming.  Can someone help me today ASAP?

11 REPLIES 11

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ReillyWood

Yeah it sounds a little odd, but you got your concern dealt with today which is what you were hoping for. I'm happy for you and now you can roam.

Take care.

ReillyWood

I'm not sure what exactly happened but it appears to be resolved.  I appear to have the US talk, text, 250 plan now on my account.

Possibly because I tried the 611 route.  First time doing that, I see it's still the 2-step process.  Oddly, after adding the funds successfully ($20+tax) then trying to add the US Roaming add-on ($20) I got an error that there was insufficient funds.  And yet when I check online, it all worked.

So either the error was wrong or maybe one of the moderators was fixing this at the same time.  

Spooky but at least successful.

Thanks all.

Jarvar

@ReillyWood

Here is a link to the Knowledge Base section of Public Mobile for contacting the Moderator team for reference or if you require more information. I believe they work from 9AM until 9PM Eastern Time on the weekdays and from 9AM to 7:30PM on the weekends.

Jarvar

@ReillyWood

Well if it includes personal information it's best to send them a Private message to @CS_Agent

I think because I just wrote that, this thread is now tagged for their attention.

I suggest the Private message route as well though as it sounds like an issue specific to your account.

ReillyWood

Thanks @Jarvar - how do I identify all the moderators?  I forget

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Probably won't work but try calling 611 I have added us add-ons that way before. Not sure if your account issue will translate to 611

Jarvar

@ReillyWood

If it's something odd. You might want to contact the Moderator team just to get your request in early since you require assistance as soon as possible.

Despite some of the delays I've read about other people having, I have been getting great service from them ever since I joined. If someone can help solve it, great. If not, the moderators can take a look at it and square things up for you if it is required.

ReillyWood

Thanks but the options don't even appear.  FYI, they appear on my other family member accounts and I've used them many times (so familiar with the 2-step approach).

ReillyWood

Thanks @dna2016

This has been a regular problem on my account for some time now.  I used to have the US Roaming options available, these options are available on the identical accounts for others in my family, just not available for some reason on my account.  I see other add-ons I can add but not any US Roaming add-ons.

Jarvar

@ReillyWood

Try going to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Click Plan and Add-ons

Scroll down and click My Add-ons

Scroll down and select your Add-ons options and click buy.

I'm not sure, but you might need to add funds to your account first if you don't have any.

here is more details if you want pictures and diagrams:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

I hope that helps.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ReillyWood,

When I go to "My Account" and attempt to add US Roaming, it says the following.

If you need U.S. Roaming, Long Distance or extra data added to your plan, choose one of the Add-Ons. Please note you’ll need a plan before you can add an Add-On, which will come into effect immediately after purchase.

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons are not available if you're on a grandfathered $19 plan.

U.S. Roaming MMS service (picture or video) requires both SMS and data service to be enabled and will consume data if used. If you choose SMS service only, MMS will not be enabled.

So i'm going to assume that maybe you don't have an eligible plan for US Roaming.  Are you on a data only plan?  Or an old grandfathered plan?  You probably have to update to an eligible "standard" talk text and data plan first.

Need Help? Let's chat.