cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No one can hear me, my voice breaking up. I can hear them

Emachneva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can hear others clearly, at all times, from different numbers, when I take a call or when I call someone. They can't hear me or my voice is breaking up, every single call, for the last few days. I never had that issue before.

1 bar.

Tested my mic by recording my voice and I can hear myself.

I realize that with 1 bar there could be issues, however, I haven't had that trouble for years and the last several days everyone I speak to telling me they can't hear me, my voice breaking up. I can hear them clearly.

Any thoughts? I'd really like to stay with PM and I don't want to go to the street for every call.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@Emachneva wrote:

Rebooting the phone now, thanks. I will also watch how the calls are in different parts of town. 

I don’t know if my phone is volte enabled. What is that about?

VoLTE is a calling feature that allows a phone to navigate calls on the 4G network as well as on the 3G network.  VoLTE calls are better quality.  This is the help article explaining VoLTE and whitelisted devices.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Emachneva

Rebooting the phone now, thanks. I will also watch how the calls are in different parts of town. 

I don’t know if my phone is volte enabled. What is that about?

Emachneva

Thanks for the map. No outages show in my area. I will try to reboot the phone, haven’t tried that!

@Emachneva 

from the sound of things, there could be a local network upset or outage in your vicinity. If you go to a different part of town and make the call, do you get broken signal still ? Perhaps try powering down your cellphone..then restart it. Do you have a volte enabled cellphone that is on the PM volte whitelist ?

@Emachneva wrote:

I've been with PM for the last several years and I have been at my place for years. That's what puzzles me that I never had issues before and now every call is an issue.

@Emachneva , try using this outage checker to see if there is something ongoing in your area.  I assume you have tried rebooting the phone.

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

Emachneva

I've been with PM for the last several years and I have been at my place for years. That's what puzzles me that I never had issues before and now every call is an issue.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Emachneva , it sounds like you have a bad network connection.  There was a dropped call problem in the past but that has been dealt with successfully.  If you move around and get a better signal strength and the problem goes away, then it just means reception is not good enough where you are situated.  What provider were you with before Public Mobile?

Need Help? Let's chat.