cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection but I bought add on data

amagnatta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

The phone my mom uses had a 1GB plan and I purchased another 1GB as add on.  The original `1GB has been used and although she still has another 1GB left, it is not connecting to the internet.  One of her calls was cut off on Whatsapp and she is not able to use other apps. 

Thank you for your help

12 REPLIES 12

@amagnatta  Try In order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

If these tricks don't work reset your network settings, enable data, restart your phone , re- enter WiFi set to be if applicable, and try using data.-

@amagnatta wrote:

I did purchase it and it was charged to my visa.

@amagnatta  Look like you still need to do step 2.

1.  Step 1: Add the money into your account (Status: Done)
  2. Step 2: Dial *611 or access selfserve and add the data add-on into the account (Status: Not Done)

@amagnatta wrote:

How to buy an add on tutorial:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@amagnatta wrote:

Hello

The phone my mom uses had a 1GB plan and I purchased another 1GB as add on.  The original `1GB has been used and although she still has another 1GB left, it is not connecting to the internet.  One of her calls was cut off on Whatsapp and she is not able to use other apps. 

Thank you for your help

When you go to add on's you have to have enough funds in your account to add the data. If you did not have the funds in your account it will not apply. Make sure you turn your data off on your phone then back on or reboot your phone. 

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
@amagnatta wrote:

As mentioned, it's two steps. If you're still seeing the amount you paid in your Available Funds then you didn't do the second step. Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page so we can see what you have going on. Blank out personal info of course.

amagnatta

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amagnatta wrote:

it said she had $15 left and I need to pay another $10 which i did but it does not say it's active

Buying add-on is a two steps process.  She has $15 available fund in her account.  Now, she can do the second step to purchase the addon.

amagnatta

it said she had $15 left and I need to pay another $10 which i did but it does not say it's active

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amagnatta wrote:

Hello

Thank you for your help

If your available fund is $15 or more, you had not purchase the extra 1GB add-on yet.  You did the first step by adding fund to your account.  You need to purchase the addon now with your $15 available fund.  Also check her account for the add-on usage line.  If her account overview page does not showing any data usage line, she had used all the data.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you did purchase it and it's showing up on your overview page, try restarting your phone

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@amagnatta Hi check to see if the other one gigabyte is in your account when you purchase an add on it is a two-step process first you have to put the money in your account and then you have to buy the add on please check to see if the money is still in your account if  so step two  you have to purchase the add on.   

Need Help? Let's chat.