cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls, no data

skantha_s
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know this is an issue that a lot of people have been having, and it's indicative of a failed port, but I also have not been receiving calls or been able to use data for a week now after porting my number from Chatr. I've sent an email and a private message, but no response (the private message has not yet been read after more than two days). Hoping a post here might help resolve the issue! 

3 REPLIES 3

Try your Chatr SIM. If it's still working just keep using it but do not close your Chatr account.

Unfortunately, you are stranded until the moderators are able to address your message; but it will be fixed.

You will need to cope a few days more. If the Chatr SIM fails, try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

surf99992001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah if you see Public Mobile on your phone, and can make outgoing, and use data likely your port is stuck.  Likely the mods are dealing with the last minute crush of people who got the deal.  But don't worry you are in cue.  Even a message to one mod, automatically goes to them all.  

They should contact you soon.  🙂 When you get a welcome to PM text, you know you are 100% ported.

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For the data portion have you tried setting up the APN:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC:http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

The typical symptoms of a failed port are no incoming calls/texts but data/outgoing calls/outgoing texts work.

Are you getting any error messages?

Need Help? Let's chat.