cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls. PLEASE HELP!

twiggy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, I signed up for a PM account on Feb 17 and still have issues with incoming calls.

I have no problems making calls, but when people call me, it goes straight to my voicemail box.

I read many community posts from people with a similar issue and followed the steps recommended without success.

I have an iPhone 14 pro. 

I'm giving one more week of trial, before porting my number to another carrier if this does not get solved.

Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@twiggy - so you did port from another provider? What do you mean by 'good on their end'? Meaning the port was successful over to Public Mobile?

Have you tried the SIM card into another compatible phone to see if incoming calls come in? This may rule out or identify a device issue setting on your phone.

On your phone perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings; see if that helps. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@twiggy wrote:

Thank you!

I called the provider and they said everything was good on their end.

@twiggy   you meant the porting team @Handy1  sent you ?

If porting team saying port is completed (assuming you ported your number), I guess it is time to open ticket with PM support, they might need to reprovision your sim/account.  To engage them:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@twiggy  Do you have blue tooth on by any chance  if so turn it off and see if it helps , is the the ringer off ? 

twiggy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

I called the provider and they said everything was good on their end.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@twiggy 

Check to see if Do Not Disturb is enabled or times set in the Focus setting.

Also, if you ported your old number over to PM. Did you reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with YES within the old SIM in your phone?

You need to contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting process if this is the case.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you still have your old sim? Does it still work? Can you still log in to your old account?

Did you reply yes to confirm the transfer from your old provider while your old sim was in a phone?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@twiggy 

Sounds like a stuck in port issue .

Will send you porting team number

For live support to fix the issue

Private message . Top of page envelope icon

Additional info on porting

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Need Help? Let's chat.