cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on US Roam bundle

darkroast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased a US roam bundle (call/text/250Mb data) for my wife's account last night.  She is in the US this weekend and just told me she is getting text but no data.  Any advice?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darkroast that would do it!  Glad you got it sorted out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

darkroast

Thanks to all.  Data roaming in the phone settings was disabled.  Duh!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah many people have data roaming turned off out of habit/paranoid, even though with PM, being completely prepaid, there is no danger in leaving it on all the time.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darkroast wrote:

Thanks @NDesai and @ShawnC13.  The add on shows up in the account and is active.  Good point about the data roaming option on the phone.  She has an Android - just trying to figure where this option is.

If it helps (and I say that because it's different between Android versions and manufacturers) on my phone it's in:

Settings->Wireless & Networks->More->Cellular networks->Data roaming

darkroast

Thanks @NDesai and @ShawnC13.  The add on shows up in the account and is active.  Good point about the data roaming option on the phone.  She has an Android - just trying to figure where this option is.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@darkroast, can she call?  Did you do the two step process to purchase the addon?  The first time you "purchase" it the money actually goes into available funds and you are required to "repurchase" the addon a second time to have it work.  If you have done this login and verify that the addon is showing in the account if it is showing there then make sure data roaming is enabled (many people have this turned off from when you would get charged by old providers). 

You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@darkroast Is the add-on active in the self-serve account? If there was no available balance, you need to purchase the add-on twice. So check either add-on is added on the overview page or funds are sitting as Available Balance. 

Need Help? Let's chat.