cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data all day

Blutora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm on a 12 gb/90 day plan, and have been using it for years with no problems.  Today I can't connect to the data network.  Phone and text is working fine, but no data.  I just keep getting an Android notification saying "can't connect to Public Mobile network".

I tried checking my account online for data usage, but the data usage screen is blank.  Based on my past history, I don't think I'm at my data limit as I'm more than 3 weeks from me cycle renewal date.

Any idea what's wrong?

9 REPLIES 9

@Blutora wrote:

Ok, I found it.  Looks like that new Harry Potter game totally destroyed my data last month. Lol.

Thanks for the help.

If you really want data now, you can either buy data add-on or renew early depending on how far away are you from renewal date. If you decide to renewa early, you must send a private message to the Moderator_Team.

@Blutora wrote:

Ok, I found it.  Looks like that new Harry Potter game totally destroyed my data last month. Lol.

Thanks for the help.

Never nice to know you're out of data. But it's at least comforting to know that it was your own use and entertainment that caused it and not some sort of system glitch.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Blutora , for android phones you can install data witness PM and set it to track on a 90 day cycle.  Anyway if you see no mention of data in the overview tab, add-on box, then data is all used up for the current period. 

With respect to the error you are getting it doesn't seem to align with having talk and text working. Connection to the Public Mobile network is needed to get any service to work.

Blutora

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, it's more than 30 days anyway. Just plunk the dates in the blanks above and it will show you more. Alot to go thru but if you click on data usage it will bring your data use to the front.

Heres a portion of mine:

data.PNG

Yes, but right now it seems to be finnicky. I just tried to get to mine and still waiting. I believe you can change it to track 90 days, but sincce i'm not in yet, I can't be sure.

Blutora

Thanks.  My phone only tracks data usage for 30 days and it's showing 2.8 gb in the last month.  I guess it's possible that I accidently burned through 9.2 gb in the months prior.  Does PM's My Account site show data usage history?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Quite frankly, it sounds like your data is used up. Look at your usage statstics and do a rough count. Pay close attention to any large chunksof data. Maybe something happened that consumed your data more quickly. Take note of the dates and times and compare them to what might have been happening, i.e wifi turned off.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Blutora The data usage counter disappears only when data is fully consumed. Review your data usage in your phone settings and see how much you used. 

Need Help? Let's chat.