cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation email after login

al_fedo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I try to use my email for login confirmation, I never receive any email. Confirmation via SMS works Ok. For information, I use not a public mail service, which works perfect for all other cases.

6 REPLIES 6

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@al_fedo 

tried rebooting device,

use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

Login Page

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and when you press the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 3 second automatically be login.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The Self-Serve upgrade appears to be a work in progress. I've seen the site go down or fail to respond often in recent days. I think Telus has somebody on task to kill the bugs which are becoming evident now that the system is live. It's the heart of their business, the part that collects money from customers, so they probably won't walk away from the project until they're confident it works properly.

Use whatever 2FA option works for now. Don't worry about the other option - they'll eventually get it working or they'll remove it entirely, lol.

al_fedo

I use zoneedit for domain management. It allows to combine their mail service (extra fee) and mail mapping (I use to gmail) with MX record priorities. Gmail is lower priority as backup if for some reason it was not delivered to main server. I'm not expert. But, possibly Telus is somehow forcing their servers to avoid or not properly replicate DNS records. Same way as they block common ports for regular customers without static IP. So, DDNS is practically useless withTelus.

@al_fedo 

Cool, at least you got the email in the end

For me, I usually receive it within a minute.  So, I have no complain, I guess

Curious, which mail service you are using?

al_fedo

I'm using a mail service for my personal domain. So, I have practically full control. I tried now and received the confirmation email with some delay. However, during business hours it takes forever to get confirmation. I know there is no issue on my side, since other emails (Gmail or similar) delivered much faster.

Will try to compare delivery time to Gmail address. Most likely PM uses one of the Telus "low-priority" mail servers which cannot handle emails in prompt manner.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@al_fedo   I guess you checked spam folder?

search from sender: TELUS <telusservice@i.telus.com>

subject: Your Public Mobile Verification Code

and what you meant by  " I use not a public mail service", your meant you were not using common one like Gmail or Hotmail/Outlook? Are those like Office one? Any IT can help to see if it got blocked?

You really should change your email to some thing you can receive this 2FA email.  If you ever loss your sim, you need the email to login My Account (unless you turn off 2FA)

Need Help? Let's chat.