cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Signal

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I recently purchased a new phone and had just signed up to Public mobile.  Last Sat I was at my gf workplace and my phone could not get any data.  I also had my work phone on me and thats with Bell and it worked no problem.  How is it that if my other phone with Bell works and my phone with Public doesnt.

29 REPLIES 29

gjong26

Yes when we left my gf office and near a window it works.  

@gjong26 wrote:

Yes when we left my gf office and near a window it works.  

Try switching to HSDPA (3G) data and see what happens. What kind of phone is your work Bell one?

gjong26

My work phone is a Samsung S9 with Bell.  I will try that next time and see if that makes a difference. I was also trying to get my gf to switch carriers to Public for her personal phone whom she is currently with Bell also.

@gjong26 wrote:

My work phone is a Samsung S9 with Bell.  I will try that next time and see if that makes a difference. I was also trying to get my gf to switch carriers to Public for her personal phone whom she is currently with Bell also.

I wonder what radio's your S9 is connecting to. I'm curious about this because Bell and Telus share infrastructure.

@gjong26 You could also try putting your pm SIM into,your girlfriends phone to give a an idea of what to expect.

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gjong26 , Bell Mobility and Public Mobile share the same cell towers. The only explanation would be that Bell Mobility supports VoLTE (Voice and Video over LTE is the next generation of voice and video calling) and Public Mobile is strictly 3G for calling.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@gjong26 , Bell Mobility and Public Mobile share the same cell towers. The only explanation would be that Bell Mobility supports VoLTE (Voice and Video over LTE is the next generation of voice and video calling) and Public Mobile is strictly 3G for calling.

Maybe. But he only talked about data. But then yes the subject line says No Signal. gjong26: were you able to do text or talk?

gjong26

I was able to text.  

gjong26

Preferred network type is automatic 2g/3g/4g 

@gjong26 wrote:

I have a new One Plus 7.  Everything works fine on it.  Call, text, data all works.  But at my gf workplace shes in a building in the back I guess theres no signal or weak.  I will have to investingate this APN settings.

@gjong26  If your data is working then leave the APN settings alone as that has nothing to do with your problem.

Compare the settings on both phones and make adjustments on your phone to see if it improves connectivity.