cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service after Signing Up

RodneyN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I signed up for PM on March 22. It is now March 27th and my phone still shows No Service. I ported over a Telus landline number, so from my understanding this can take a few days? Can anyone speed this up and verify it will work?

11 REPLIES 11

@RodneyN wrote:

My only worry here is that the landline number I was porting over, will get disconnected on April 4th. Kind of running out of time here...as I oringinally activated on March 22nd. I was not expecting this much of a delay as the other 2 phones I have set up for family activated right away.

Ok ...yes that's a short time..but 4 days left...

RodneyN

My only worry here is that the landline number I was porting over, will get disconnected on April 4th. Kind of running out of time here...as I oringinally activated on March 22nd. I was not expecting this much of a delay as the other 2 phones I have set up for family activated right away.

@RodneyN wrote:

Yeah, I did about 36 hours ago, but havent heard anything back yet

Oops..some more patience...Smiley Frustrated

RodneyN

Yeah, I did about 36 hours ago, but havent heard anything back yet

@RodneyN wrote:

The account shows active and the phone says it is compatible. It is an Iphone 6. It still shows no service and nothing works.

Did you write to the moderator?

RodneyN

The account shows active and the phone says it is compatible. It is an Iphone 6. It still shows no service and nothing works.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@RodneyN wrote:

Hi,

I signed up for PM on March 22. It is now March 27th and my phone still shows No Service. I ported over a Telus landline number, so from my understanding this can take a few days? Can anyone speed this up and verify it will work?

Landline or not, your Public service should work.  Porting doesn't have to be done and your service should work.  Incoming calls would still go to Telus landline until done.

What phone model? It might not be compatible.  And as asked, does account say active?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RodneyN wrote:

Hi,

Porting landline will take about a week.

Is your Telus landline is still working?

Is your phone showing Public Mobile on the top noticification bar?

Is your account status active?

If your Telus landline is not working and your account status is active, send a private message to moderator for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RodneyN wrote:

Hi,

Porting in a landline can take up to 7 days.  As long as the landline hasn't been cancelled, it will still work (on the previous carrier) until the port is complete.  Is the landline still working?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@RodneyN  a écrit :

Hi,

It can take 7 days for a landline...you can write a message to the moderator to ask if everything will be ok if you want..here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 waiting time is few hours to 2 days...but it's probably Telus who doesn't want that you leave them...Smiley Wink

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RodneyN wrote:

Hi,

When you log into My Account, does it show as Active ?

Need Help? Let's chat.