cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service After Porting Number

CanMom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I transferred my number from my landline (Vonage) to my cell-phone (PM) on Sunday, Jun 5th. The request went through and it said it was successful. I was able to make outgoing calls and my old Vonage phone service stopped. On my PM account, my new number was listed as the new number I transferred, which was the same on my cell-phone. I checked back on Monday, and the number was still not in service. My service with Vonage was cancelled. It is now Wednesday, and now my number on my profile is listed as a completely different one and it says my plan has expired. What do I do?

6 REPLIES 6

I agree because really of there isn't an issue it should be completely by tmw, but doesn't hurt to be proactive for sure. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CanMom  - if your old account was cancelled before the port over to public mobile was complete the transfer of the number will fail.

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) to inquire about the number change and port status; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

@JL9 

There's no reason to wait a week to contact a CSA. The phone number shouldn't change in that manner and a CSA needs to be contacted immediately.  That's indication of porting failure or that someone went into the Public Mobile account to make the change.

yeah landlines take a lot longer than cell numbers....but it is odd about the # change, etc. If it isn't resolved by end of week I would reach out to a CSA to investigate.

@CanMom wrote:

Hello,

I transferred my number from my landline (Vonage) to my cell-phone (PM) on Sunday, Jun 5th. The request went through and it said it was successful. I was able to make outgoing calls and my old Vonage phone service stopped. On my PM account, my new number was listed as the new number I transferred, which was the same on my cell-phone. I checked back on Monday, and the number was still not in service. My service with Vonage was cancelled. It is now Wednesday, and now my number on my profile is listed as a completely different one and it says my plan has expired. What do I do?

All of the above is normal except for your Public Mobile number changing on it's own and except for the plan expired message. As for the message about successful number porting, where did you see that?  If you're speaking of the on-screen message on the Public Mobile website that gives that indication, please note that is badly chosen wording by Public Mobile.  All that "successful" message on the website means is that Public Mobile receive the request.  It's not an indication or porting succcess or failure.

As for your Vonage service now being cancelled, did that get cancelled automatically after the number porting request was made or did you contact Vonage and ask them to cancel your service (which shouldn't be done)?  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CanMom 

Landlines can take several business days (even up to one week) to be ported over. Are you still able to call out?  

Might need to wait another day or so.  Then if still not ported over, you may need to contact customer service agent.  

Need Help? Let's chat.