cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone service - 12 gig account weirdness

sumps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Mary_M

Logging into "My Account"  and looking at the "Overview" tab, It currently shows that I have a Pick&Pay $120 per 90 days .. it shows no other details.. Below the "My Addons"  section , It shows that I have 6GB of data..

However when I go into the "My Plans & Addons" Tab, It shows that that I have a 12GB plan with unlimited text and talk. under "My Addons" It is blank..

If I call *611 it tells me that I currently have 6 GB of data remaining..

So it seems like I am current somewhere inbetween getting the 12GB promo plan that I signed up for, and the 6GB plan I had to choose during activation.. 

Also, I can not make any calls.. when I try to make a call it tells me that I do not have an active long distance add on .. even though I am trying to call a local number. 

I can not recieve any calls either, as the calls go directly to voicemail

Data and Texting seem to be working fine though.

Please let me know what other information you require to get some resolution with these issues.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

sumps

Quick Update.. @Mary_M was able to take care of my issues and all is right again with my phone and plan.. 

sumps

you are the best @Mary_M .. I'll keep watching!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @sumps,

Thank you for your patience!

I will be looking into your case in a few minutes, please keep an eye out for my reply to your private message.

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

This problem is because you needed to pick the 6GB plan at activation

The data on Public Mobile (regardless of how much) is listed as an add on

So when you activated the 6GB plan, it added a 6GB feature to account

Now because they are only dealing with service issues

They successfully changed you to the 12GB plan 

But they did not (yet?) remove the 6GB feature (because only way to add 12GB feature is to restart bill cycle as far as I know)

The data loss is probably slated to correct at a later date once Public has backlog cleared

Just use it and if you run out of data before correction let the mods know asap

Once next cycle runs you will have 12GB

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
  • Me too. Exactly the same problem. New number. No views on my pm since around 3 days ago. Oddly enough my texts don't even work unless it's coming from "100"

jdodd1079
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have exactly the same as you!  My phone worked for 4 days then it is having exactly the same problem

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

then you have to send one of the moderators a private message as it seems to be account related and only PM staff has access to that..

cheers

sumps

Except I didn't port an existing number. I chose a completly new phone number

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

looks like your port is stuck in limbo..

maybe this post can help:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m-...

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.