cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection to Data "100% Data Used" when Only 50% was actually used

Olanrewaju
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the past 2 months, my data gets cuts off in the 2 or 3 week of my monthly plans and I get  a mesage that my data is used up. I decided to check this month because I didn't think my data should be runing out so fast, and of course I've onley used about 50% of my monthly data while my connection had been cut off for the past 3 days. I only have about a week left in my plans for this month and I would want my data reinstated and carried over to the next cycle.

My husband has also been having the same issue on Pulic Mobile. It's purely unethical!

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Olanrewaju 

I think @gpixel  has identified the issue. Check your settings for your data tracker and see if your data limiter is set. You could have it set for 2.5gb or even the default 5gb but your 30 day calendar dates have not been updated and you have migrated a week or more off of your 30 day cycle so your limiter is engaging mid cycle.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Olanrewaju - do you and your husband have same model phones? Could there be another phone around you could try your SIM(s) into to see if data works? If it works, than you can dig deeper into the settings of your phones you are currently using.

@Olanrewaju 

maybe your devices have a data limiter set on your phones. what's the make and model of the phones?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If it is still showing in your data/add ons section then reach out to a CSA who can fix this for you and look into this issue so it doesn't happen again. Any unused data can not be carried over to another renewal though unfortunately (par for the course for any carrier unless special circumstances)

Olanrewaju
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks,

I checked my account which shows that still have about 2.5 GB left of my 5 GB.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Olanrewaju...

to check on your data consumption, log in to your account / My Data and Add-ons. It'll give you an up-to-the-minute idea of how much data you've used.

If you see no mention of data, that means you've used it all until next renewal or you buy one of the data add-ons available.

You might want to go into your phones Settings and disable data to each app that you don't use regularly. Also... disable Wifi Assist.

edit; phonics

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

check your usage in my account and get in touch with support agents to get details of this issue for you and your husband.

Can it be any update/automatic upload happening every month. 

@Olanrewaju wrote:

For the past 2 months, my data gets cuts off in the 2 or 3 week of my monthly plans and I get  a mesage that my data is used up. I decided to check this month because I didn't think my data should be runing out so fast, and of course I've onley used about 50% of my monthly data while my connection had been cut off for the past 3 days. I only have about a week left in my plans for this month and I would want my data reinstated and carried over to the next cycle.

My husband has also been having the same issue on Pulic Mobile. It's purely unethical!

Where does it say that you've used only 50% of your data?  Public Mobile has never had monthly plans.  All currently offered plans are 30-days long.  This presents and issue of not being able to rely on the device's data counter as it won't be accurate.  Even if the device has the right start date for your current billing cycle, default phone software doesn't understand 30-day biling periods.  

Need Help? Let's chat.