cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user - eSIM locked myself out

katsun911_gmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just subscribe to public mobile, I installed esim on my old phone, I thought I could transfer esim to my new phone

Now I removed the esim from my old phone thinking I could ee-scan the QR code on my new phone

Now I'm completely locked out, can't get a new esim or login to my account

Need HELP

4 REPLIES 4

katsun911_gmail

I don't even get the option to send to email for 2FA

@katsun911_gmail 

you can first open ticket using direct message as said above

but at the same time,   Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS and open up the Send email option

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

katsun911_gmail

I'm stuck, I'm not able to get code, it either sends to SMS or thru voice message, no option to send to email

How frustrating 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@katsun911_gmail 

eSIM cannot be moved.  BUT Luckily, you can get a replacement for FREE

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone and login.
(if you have problem receive 2FA code, use email to receive it. On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email)

Once logged in, Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

Just in case you really have trouble logging in My Account on the app on the new phone and unable to buy new esim yourself, message support for help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there       

Need Help? Let's chat.