cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public, phone not in service

buckyyy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yesterday I signed up for Public and transferred my old number (from Koodo). It looks like the number transfer worked, but my phone is not in service. I can't send or receive any texts or calls, and when people try to call me it says my number is not in service. I'm unsure if this is because my Koodo account was suspended (due to forgetting to pay the bill) when I moved the number over. I wanted to move the number over first so that I wouldn't have to pay extra to Koodo for the next month, but perhaps this messed up the process. I have since paid the entire bill, but I still can't use my phone. 

4 REPLIES 4

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did you receive the text from Koodo and type Yes and then the subsequent message from PM welcoming you? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@buckyyy 

If your koodo SIM no longer works and your account has been cancelled then your port has completed. As suggested you can check your SIM card in another phone but customer support is about to close so I would try to contact them ASAP in hopes that they still respond to you tonight.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Reboot phone. 

Try SIM in another phone if you can. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@buckyyy 

Contact customer support and put "sim card did not provision correctly upon activation" in the subject line. Leave a detailed message and keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within an hour.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Need Help? Let's chat.