cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Public Mobil

WesH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I made the switch to public and ported my number over from my previous provider. Under settings, I’ve switch to the Public Mobil E sim.  I'm able to make calls, but I'm not receiving incoming calls or texts.

Am I missing something?

10 REPLIES 10

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Ah jeez. @Lucian_G - Never ask for information from customers out here in the open forum. Always use private messaging.

@WesH- Good. Now follow the instruction at the bottom of the reply from the other member to reply to the agent in private messaging (if you haven't already figured that out 🙂 ).

WesH

Thanks

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello@ WesH

Lucian here and thank you for reaching us! I will be more than happy to assist you today!

In order to start the investigation would you please provide us the e-mail address that you

register with us and also the phone number that you want to port and the account number 

of your Old Provider.

Regards

Lucian CS_Agent

@WesH 

add to Lucian/CS agent message, please provide them the information via messaging @CS_Agent here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello@ WesH

Lucian here and thank you for reaching us! I will be more than happy to assist you today!

In order to start the investigation would you please provide us the e-mail address that you

register with us and also the phone number that you want to port and the account number 

of your Old Provider.

Regards

Lucian CS_Agent

WesH

Thanks for the private msg. I call the number, and there is no record of a transfer request for my number. 

Your previous provider will send you a text confirming you... the account holder... are porting out your number. You will need to confirm before your previous provider signs off on the transfer.

WesH

Thanks for the reply. 

I’ve left the SIM card in the phone.  It’s been less than 90 minutes. I’ll wait a bit longer. 

What do you mean by “confirm the text”?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@WesH  Sorry just re read your post sounds like it stuck in port . There’s a number to call live support to fix . Will send you it private message . As we not allowed to here 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like you didn't leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer. If it was less than 90 minutes ago then do so and confirm the text.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@WesH  Have you rebooted the phone ? Try resetting network settings . If still no dice . get support to re provision sim. For you 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.