cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to PM. Tried to port from Lucky Mobile phone number today but unsuccessful.

qix2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I tried to port my Lucky Mobile phone number today but was unsuccessful.  I would like to choose a new phone number if a mod could assist me.   Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

qix2024

Thanks for your help.  I phoned the number you provided and cancelled my port request and the customer service rep also helped me choose a new phone number.

qix2024

Yup you saw my message below posted earlier.

@qix2024 to port you Lucky number , you will need to reactivate your Lucky account as ONLY number from an active account can be ported, it is a rule for all providers.  

if you decide to port the number, reactivate the Lucky account first and put the Lucky sim back to the phone. Then call PM porting support team and ask them to re-trigger the porting process.

qix2024

Thanks I sent a private message from the link you provided for support as I do not see the screen to choose a new phone number anymore.  The screen will have the verification sent through email which i complete then the next screen states "we've noticed you have an active Public Mobile service and would like to confirm your full access" which I assume will send a text message verification to my Lucky Mobile phone number which I cannot complete.

My Lucky Mobile service was suspended this morning so I no longer can receive text messages from them.  I am unwilling to pay another month of service to Lucky Mobile which is why I would like to choose a new number with Public Mobile.  I googled porting out a number with Lucky Mobile which states the following "

I’m transferring my Lucky Mobile phone number to another carrier and didn’t receive the text message to approve my phone number transfer – what should I do?

If you haven’t received the validation text message within an hour of trying to transfer your Lucky Mobile phone number to another carrier, please ensure your account is not suspended, and that your balance is at $0. You can check the status of your account as well as your balance with the Lucky Mobile My Account app or My Account."

My assumption was that since Lucky Mobile will allow up to 90 days before you lose your number, I assumed I could port this number out.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

If you would like to re do the port, i will send you a separate message with the phone to call for it. 

Once it's done, you can sign into your account snd change the phone number under your account profile by clicking on the pencil.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@qix2024 

did you check if your number can be ported into PM?

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/checkSingle.do

if it cannot, you can still pick your phone number yourself (I assume you have not complete your activation yet).  You can simply use the Public Mobile App to continue your subsription, at the step about phone number, choose new phone number instead

If you don't see that step and need support help, please open ticket with PM support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.