cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscription with a TCL model 4058E phone

Marie-Paule
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Am trying to set up my mom with Public Mobile on her TCL phone. Do I need to download the PM app on her phone or is there a way around this.

I have a new PM SIM card ready to go, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Marie-Paule 

did you port your number into Public Mobile?  If you did,  did you get a text from the old carrier, did you reply YES?

and can you receive inbound phone calls, especially from Non-Telus/Koodo/PM phone?  If you cannot the port was not done

It could be an incomplete port.  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Marie-Paule

I have asked this question a few times but I don't see any replies. 

I have a TCL 4058e phone.
Suscribed on Monday on a basic plan, just text and calls.
I can make calls but when someone tries to call me, it says I'm not available and it goes directly to voice mail.
Any idea what I can check?

Marie-Paule

Hello,

Yes, all call I receive go directly to voicemail. However, I can make calls. I ported my number on Monday. And my plan does not have any data.

I did reset my networks on phone and rebooted it. But still cannot receive calls. 😞

@Marie-Paule  is this for all calls that you received? Did you recently port your number from another carrier? Is this new? Do you have data?

Try reset networks and reboot phone.

Marie-Paule

I have a TCL 4058E phone. Calls I make go directly to user's voicemail and calls I receive go directly to my voicemail.

Can someone help me?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Marie-Paule 

Simce this is a flip phone. You probably can’t download the PM app on her phone.

The work around this is to logout your PM account if you are on PM. If you don’t have a PM service then just download the PM app on your phone and create an account for your mother on your phone.

Once an account is created and a plan selected. Just pop out the SIM from your phone and put it into the TLC flip phone.

I assume you are managing her account. You or your mother can manage her account online or the app.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Marie-Paule , activation of new accounts requires the use of the app to complete all the steps.  The activation can be completed using any phone, it does not have to be done on the phone that will be using the new account.  So you have an option to install the app on your mom's phone and complete the process on that phone or you can do it on any phone that might already have the app.  

Need Help? Let's chat.