cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New subscribers

Shelleynleg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello 

I have been with Public Mobile for about a month and now they have a way better deal for boxing day. Does this mean I cannot get the deal ?

7 REPLIES 7

muffin_top
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's too bad because I had seen on Reddit that existing customers could change plans and get the new deals so that was one reason I recently switched to PM - but it looks like they've changed that option because the best deals aren't available for the switch to existing customers.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Shelleynleg,

It depends which deal you are referring to in your question. Some Boxing day deals are targeted towards new activations only while other deals are offered to all clients (new and existing). To identify which plans you are eligible for, you can take the following steps:

Step 1: Log into your account and click on Subscriptions and Add-ons

Step 2: click on Change Subscription

Andy85_0-1703788125508.png

A new webpage will load displaying all the plan available to you.

Andy85_1-1703788369264.png

Step 3: If you are interested in a new plan that is offered to you, you can select the plan of your choice and click on Change on Renewal

Andy85_2-1703788424411.png

@Momomomomo  In this case I did . But can always port number out and back in on new plan . Number wasn’t worth that extra cost for me in this specific case 

Momomomomo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did u have to choose a new number?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Shelleynleg  You can't get the plans marked new activations only but there are a couple of other plans for existing customers if you look at change subscription in your account which are not advertised on the plans page. If you do decide to change to an available plan in your existing account make sure to select change on renewal because an immediate change forfeits the rest of your existing plan

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

That is correct. You cannot get that deal as you are 'old' customer.

You could get that deal if you open new account and stop paying for existing account which will be closed after 90 days of no payment. But you would need new SIM and if you did port your number it will become almost impossible to preserve it.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shelleynleg  Unfortunately yes it’s only for new activations not existing customers like “us” so what I did was create a new account with new email to get the hot new plan I’ve my choice 

Handy1_0-1703785313409.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.