cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sign up

JFBR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi looking To sign up for the new can-us $35 month plan. Is there a term involved with this? Also what’s the cancellation policy

13 REPLIES 13

Are you talking about this plan?

Chalupa_Batman_0-1716156055823.png

If so, it's for everyone across Canada. If you clicked on the "Offer Details"...

Chalupa_Batman_1-1716156094455.png

Ignore them. Public Mobile basically cut and paste this on every plan no matter if it's for that plan or not. I can assure you this plan I posted above is for everyone.

JFBR

Hi I just read through the offer details and it mentioned that ⁺This plan is for Quebec residents only and intended for use in Quebec‘ 

is this the case? Why wouldn’t they mention upfront if so

@JFBR wrote:

Thanks a lot for your help. Last 2 questions:

-where can I find the full details of this offer along with where to sign up

When you click on the link itself, all the details are there of what this plan offers. To make it easier for you, it's basically an unlimited calling to anywhere in Canada from Canada, Canada to US, while in US to US, while in US back to Canada. Same with texting. Use your data in the US like you do in Canada.

-would the reception be the same as Telus as I currently have no issues with Telus reception at home, office and US

Reception is the exact same IMO. I'm on both Telus and PM. Both 4 bars. In the US, it works off AT&T and T-Mobile. I myself have found T-Mobile to be the one I use down there.

JFBR

Thanks a lot for your help. Last 2 questions:

-where can I find the full details of this offer along with where to sign up

-would the reception be the same as Telus as I currently have no issues with Telus reception at home, office and US

Yes. Public Mobile and Telus SIM cards are not interchangeable. 

JFBR

I’m currently with Telus, would I still need to get a new sim since they are the same company?

I hate to say it but...  the only option is to quickly purchase a SIM card either through Amazon or at a local Telus store via this link and signing up. Yes, it would of course suck to pay for multiple services, however, here is what I'd suggest.

Contact your other phone provider. Explain to them that your contract ends on June 22nd. You'd like to know what your buyout is if you were to end the contract early. The buyout may be cheaper than paying the entire month. And if that's the case, I'd do that. However, you want to sign up with PM first, THEN port your number over from the other service provider and then pay the buyout charges. Make sense?

@JFBR wrote:

my current plan ends June 22. Any way I can Lock in this rate until l current plan ends. switching over 2 lines and trying to avoid paying 2 lines x 2

Ordering a phsical SIM card and plan at the same time through either the publicmobile.ca website or through the Public Mobile app means that you will get the plan at the price shown there at this moment.  The plan doesn't actually start until you've confirmed that you're received the Public Mobile SIM cards, so this means that the plan start date would likely be closer to that June 22 date anyway.

@JFBR wrote:

Does the price change after 30 days?

The price doesn't usually change.  After 30 days, the plan would renew again.  The 30 day term only means that in theory, Public Mobile could change the price if they choose to.

JFBR

my current plan ends June 22. Any way I can Lock in this rate until l current plan ends. switching over 2 lines and trying to avoid paying 2 lines x 2

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @JFBR 

Public Mobile is a prepaid service. Once you've got the plan, you're almost locked in at that price but also have the flexibility to leave at any time. Granted I would never recommend leaving until the end of the 30 day cycle you've already paid for. Best part, if you find a better plan you like more, you can switch any time. Once again, waiting till the end of the cycle you paid for so you don't lose any funds.

Public Mobile, so far that I've been here for 5 years, I've never heard of anyone's plan changing to a higher amount. I hear there are still folks on older plans from 10 years ago and still paying the same... lucky dogs!!

JFBR

Does the price change after 30 days?

@JFBR wrote:

Hi looking To sign up for the new can-us $35 month plan. Is there a term involved with this? Also what’s the cancellation policy

The plan is on a 30 day term.  There are no refunds.

Need Help? Let's chat.