cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plans

CharlieWhisky
Mayor / Maire

Just noticed a new $29 plan with 3G of data.

The $34 plan is now for all,  not only new activations!

9 REPLIES 9

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

I 100% fully agree with you. There is no reason NOT to have 1GB of data on the $15 plan. $25 5GB should be the normal. I'm glad I said yes to that offer. That's my retirement package. LOL 

Lack of profit might be a good reason.  Profit is not a 4 letter word.  Would you be happy if your employer wanted you to pay them to work instead of being paid to work?  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Believe it or not, it is the CRTC that is to blame for setting the price of low cost plans.  Had they not intervened and let the market establish efficient price discovery, the plans might be less costly and/or include more usage.  Be careful what you wish for.  

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/occa.htm

EdBurns1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

.... nailed it ..!!

I 100% fully agree with you. There is no reason NOT to have 1GB of data on the $15 plan. $25 5GB should be the normal. I'm glad I said yes to that offer. That's my retirement package. LOL 

@Chalupa_Batman- It is silly. $4 less for 1/3 the data. Or $5 more for almost 7 times the data. Seems the $25 is rock solid untouchable. It's those two base plans that they need to change. Give the $15 the 1gb and the $25 5gb like the earlier promo. Then they'd have something. But this $29 is just silly.
As for value, sure yeah the value for these giant data buckets is a thing but I'm simply not willing to pay so much for a feature I don't use so much.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

So this is the confusing part. $5 more and you get 17GB more data. I have to admit, I'd be interested in hearing Public Mobile's management's decision making process on setting these. To me, it seems like the $29 is the bate plan and a large percentage will go with the $34 plan. Anyone with common sense and the sense of value would go with the $34 plan. 

Chalupa_Batman_0-1699111395707.png

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is for Quebec. For the life of me I don't understand what would hurt them just by bumping that to 5 GB of data. Oh well, a least they are upping the GB's for those who don't need a lot of it in Quebec.

public.PNG

Québec only maybe!

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't see that plan on my end.

Need Help? Let's chat.