cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan

Trailblazzers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently with tell us on a month-to-month basis. I own my phone and the SIM card I'm wondering what the process is to keep my same number and transfer to you guys? I'm thinking I'll need to purchase a new SIM card anyways as this one is a couple of years old so that's not a big deal I just want to make sure there's a way I could transfer my number?

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Trailblazzers   If the existing sim card is a Telus one then yes you will need to get a Public Mobile sim card, or you can use esim if your phone is compatible.  While you can order a sim card from Public Mobile it is typically much quicker to get it from Amazon or go to a corporate Telus/Koodo store and buy one there.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Transferring your number from TELUS or Koodo to Public Mobile is especially easy @Trailblazzers    It's best to ensure the TELUS service is active, but not totally necessary as they're all under the same umbrella.

During the activation, make sure to have the TELUS service account number on hand to use it to identify the service you want to transfer.

Ensure your TELUS SIM card remains in your device until you get the port authorization request via text from TELUS.

Reply YES to that text within 90 minutes.

Then put your Public Mobile SIM card in, reboot, and you're good to go.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Trailblazzers 

When signing up with Public Mobile, yes you can use the same older SIM card as long as it's new. During sign up, you can have the option to port the number. Here's how to sign up. Just know, when you DO sign up, you need to sign up through the app. You will also need to say YES to the port request from Telus, meaning you need to keep the Telus SIM in your phone. You'll have 90 minutes to say yes.

How to sign up with Public Mobile

Chalupa_Batman_0-1706489333445.png

Need Help? Let's chat.