cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan versus old plan

Shala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I've had my family with mobile for at least three four years. My sister is going to the last year we both pay the same amount of money and she has 20 gigs. I'm really considering looking around for something else because even though I auto pay and I have one gig I don't think it's fair that my sister is with public and has 20 gigs I'm sure she Auto pays I don't know if she has 40 or 10 and then 20. As you may know having a phone for each person in your home may become costly and I have five cell plans. What do you suggest is there anything that can be done to up my kids without upping my price I appreciate the bonus time at Christmas. 

She doesn't even use her gigs and we'll make it work but it sure would be helpful sometime have a little bit extra. Thanks for any help

6 REPLIES 6

@kahull , if a user is trying to time a plan change close to their renewal date, they're much better off doing so on the next regular renewal date.

Doing a plan change (even 1 day before the regular renewal date) causes a user to forfeit their renewal rewards, be it on the old reward system or the Public Points system.

Unless absolutely necessary to renew plans immediately (i.e. the user must have access to significant added data allotment), it's almost always better to await the next renewal date for scheduling such plan changes. 

kahull
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You could switch plans, just try to do it close to the renewal date so you don’t have a double charge on your card.  I haven’t been able to find a better deal than $40 for 15 gigs.  I recently switched from Bell and did a lot of research prior to moving over.

hant2704
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you stay with one company longer, you'll sometimes get offers as a long-time customer. Resets when you move to someone new so you may want to reach out to customer support about any promotions they may have for you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It's kinda difficult to follow you explanation, @Shala 

So ... are you the person managing (paying) for all these accounts?   Or are you one of the kids?

At one point, you write about "your sister" having something then later on you write "your kids" ?

There are lots of choices of both 3G and 4G plans on the Public Mobile site and within each account's self-serve page.  The differences could come down to other cycle rewards other members get on their renewals versus others.  (i.e. loyalty, auto-pay, referrals...)

Perhaps consult with "your sister" as to her selections and she might help you sort it out and decide.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shala   how much you are paying now?  If you have 1GB only, I think you have $25?

but you said you r sister has 20GB?  She would be paying $45 and not $25. 

Can you confirm how much you are paying now?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Shala 

Go into the self serve account and look at which plans suit each family members needs best. You can change plans every month if you like or based on need. Simply schedule a change plan on next renewal.

Just remember that if you have a grandfathered (legacy)plan that once you change plans you can't get it back but you can cancel a scheduled plan change at anytime up until 11:59pm est on day 30 of your cycle. While the $15 and $25 plan have remained nearly unchanged for 4 years plans $30 and up have had feature changes mostly increased data buckets and lowered prices. If pm pulls a plan from market and you have a change of plan scheduled for your renewal after its pulled pm will still honour the scheduled change to the plan no longer on offer.

If you visit the community once a month or two you can stay up to date on plan changes. Now there are both "3G" plans ( LTE data throttled to 3mbps) and "4G" plans with unthrottled LTE data up to 100mbps. The most popular plan currently is the $40/15gb "4G" plan.

You will stay on the $$ rewards program and keep all of your purchased, gifted or bonus data add ons when you change plans. If you have promotional recurring monthly plan data from your activation (unlikely?) then you would probably lose that.

If you have questions about the various new plans or how to schedule a change plan on next renewal then come back and ask more questions. We are always happy to help!

Need Help? Let's chat.