cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone not recognizing SIM card.

Letterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Because of the Blackberry cancellation on Jan. 4th., I bought a new phone on line last fall and now the new phone will not recognize the SIM card. It recognized a T-Mobile and Rogers SIM, My sim works in my brother's phone which is Public Mobile. The new phone is an Android 12, Huavee P50 Pro.

12 REPLIES 12

Letterman

Under Network & Internet there are tabs for SIM Cards and Mobile Plan.

Sim Card says slots are empty. Mobile plan says Unknown SIM Operator 

@Letterman   You already tried a NEW SIM at the dealer and still not work.  

and you tried your PM SIM on another phone? 

if you tried both, it is clearly a device issue instead of the network.

You can try to bring your SIM to a Telus store and ask them to try with their SIM as well (just say you need to test the network before you would join them)

Letterman

My brother suggested trying a re-installing of Android.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can understand your frustration but you said the SIM and service works in another phone. So something's up with the phone.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Letterman 

The "No SIM card" message is key here. Your phone is not being able to read the SIM card, let alone try to connect to the network that the card belongs to.

Letterman

It has a double SIM slot, and we have tried all the permutations and combinations multiple times with the same result.

Took to a cell repair shop and they suggested it was a damaged card and the new phone was doing the damage.

If so, why did it not damage the T-Mobile or Rogers card, and why did the "Damaged" card work fine in my brother's phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you see under Settings/Connections/Mobile networks? LTE or 4G and others or just 2G? And then further with Network operators...can you manually scan for and find PM. It should be automatic of course but try manual.

Edit: And maybe try the other SIM slot.

Letterman

Message is NO SIM CARD. Emergency Calls Only.

Letterman

Received an incoming call, but would not dial out with my brother's SIM.

No network settings to RESET. Tried but NETWORK NOT AVAILIBLE.

Tried a new SIM at a dealers, but would not recognize.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Letterman wrote:

Because of the Blackberry cancellation on Jan. 4th., I bought a new phone on line last fall and now the new phone will not recognize the SIM card. It recognized a T-Mobile and Rogers SIM, My sim works in my brother's phone which is Public Mobile. The new phone is an Android 12, Huavee P50 Pro.

@Letterman  -

Does your brother's SIM work in your phone?

Perform a RESET of the device's Network Settings.

0PX9O4

@Letterman 

That is indeed a phone that is compatible with the Telus/PM network, and the working of both T-mobile as well as Rogers SIMs on it indicates that it couldn't be locked. Have you tried removing and re-inserting the SIM to make sure it's not a problem of bad contacts on the tiny nano-SIM? After re-inserting the SIM it would be advisable to restart the phone.

benfatto

Seems your phone is locked to it's last carrier. When you reboot your phone with the SIM installed what the message displayed?

Need Help? Let's chat.