cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone, how to switch over eSIM

Ken420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi , i recently purchased a new phone today and have a public mobile plan with a eSIM active. How do i put my eSIM on my new phone from my old one? 

Switching from iPhone to samsung.

5 REPLIES 5

If your phone is not compatible then you have to purchase a physical one also through the app. 

It can take 10 business days to arrive.  

Or you can see if a local Telus/Koodo/mobile klink store have one for $10.

Or order on Amazon for $5. Quicker shipping. 

Ken420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok my phone isnt esim compatable. Is there a way to turn it on or do i need to order a sim card

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ken420 

To buy new eSIM,  first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Installand follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

@Ken420 wrote:

Hi , i recently purchased a new phone today and have a public mobile plan with a eSIM active. How do i put my eSIM on my new phone from my old one? 

Switching from iPhone to samsung.

A new eSIM will be needed.  Log into your account on the Public Mobile app.  Go into the Account area and select Purchase SIM card.  

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Ken420  you cannot switch esim.  You have to download the public mobile app to your new phone and purchase a new esim. 

It indicates that the 5$ will be waived since you had one prior.

Need Help? Let's chat.