cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hookup

Mandi83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just purchased the Sim yesterday and did everything I’m supposed to do we did not receive a temporary number as we are trying to transfer a number that we had from our Rogers account before. We are not receiving any incoming calls as of yet and this was yesterday. Where do I get this temporary phone number from?

9 REPLIES 9

HI @Mandi83 

yes, you can.

first, try to login My Account.  They will try to send a code to your phone, at that point, click Didn't Receive Code and then Send Email.  

Once you are in, go to Profile, click the pencil besides phone number.  then you can pick another one

If you cannot login My Account, still no worries, just submit ticket with CS agent by direct message and ask Agent to help.   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Mandi83

Sorry, I meant to say can I get a new number instead of keeping my old number so I don’t have to deal with Rogers because I owe the money still

Mandi83

can I just not keep my old number so I don’t have to deal with Rogers?

hi @Mandi83 

oh, that is a problem.  For any carrier, the old account must be active for the port to complete.  Don't call PM porting team yet.  Instead, call Rogers and ask them to resume your service briefly (they will) so you can arrange the port

once you are set with Rogers on that, then call PM and ask them to reinitate the port request.  At that time, put the Rogers sim back and wait for the text from Rogers and reply YES

Mandi83

No MyRogers was cut off. It is not active anymore

Mandi83

I just realized that we did not keep our Rogers Sim chips in our phone. We put the Public Mobile ones in. So maybe we didn’t receive the message because of that? Is there anyway that we can get it resent out?

hi @Mandi83 but you have rogers sim still and your rogers account still active?  this is a hiccup on the rogers side

But call PM porting team, they can reinitiate the port request

Mandi83

hello thank you!  no we did not receive a message from Rogers yet and we signed up last night.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mandi83 

there is no temp number when you port number

are you able to make outbound calls? If you can, you are good, just need the port to complete.  You received a text from Rogers to ask you about port and did you reply yes within 90 mins?  call the porting support team and ask them for the port status.  I will send you the number to your community inbox.  check and call them

Need Help? Let's chat.