cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here but problems

irving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not reliably sending and receiving texts. For instance authentication code sent from Apple not received. Texts from friends not received. Any ideas?

20 REPLIES 20

yupz that's why I said to OP if he got incoming calls he is ok.. Text is deceiving, sometimes ppl got mixed up with iMesage and SMS

@Handy1 wrote:

@esjliv  and @BKNS27  i asked that very question my last post .

Yup @Handy1 , no affirmative confirmation yet as to whether or not it was in that window.

Although if this was a porting issue or a stuck port, it would be incoming calls with the issue, I would think.

@esjliv  and @BKNS27  i asked that very question my last post .

True, that is possible @BKNS27 .

@esjliv 

Yes but did the OP didn’t indicate if it was within the 90 minutes and this maybe the issue.

My friend did the same thing when he  purchased and activated his SIM at LD couple of years ago when they offered the service. He replied to the text the next day and encountered the same problem. The CS_Agent completed the porting for him.

@BKNS27  - OP already said they responded to the Rogers porting text.

@irving 

This is a common mistake by most new members not replying to the text confirming you are porting over to PM within the 90 minute window.

It sounds like the problem you have. If you are still having the same issue, contact a CS_Agent by creating a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above to complete the porting process.

@irving wrote:

Thank you everyone. Yes I responded to Rogers text confirming moving my number to another provider. Yes I've now checked Settings to ensure all correct. I'm using same iPhone as before with Rogers. I moved to PM last Thursday - 4 days ago.

@irving - texts to friends/other contacts should be working after 4 days.

Did you restart and perform a network reset on your iphone?

No issues with calling in or out is there?

You tried temporarily turning off iMessage and seeing if texting in and out works?

@irving  And your replied yes within the 90 min window to do so , when you call out with your phone dose it show your old rogers number 

edit check also 

Outage   map in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

@irving wrote:

Thank you everyone. Yes I responded to Rogers text confirming moving my number to another provider. Yes I've now checked Settings to ensure all correct. I'm using same iPhone as before with Rogers. I moved to PM last Thursday - 4 days ago.

@irving   if you have been getting people's text and incoming calls, then no need to worry. Again, all the App to people will come soon. Since it has been 4 days, they will start coming in.  By 7th days, they should be all working

irving

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@irving  did you port in your number within a week?

If so, incoming text issue is normal.  P2P text (People to Peole) should work immediately, and sometimes a bit of delay from the sending end (sender's provider needs time to find out you got a new provider)

but for A2P text (application to people), those 2FA text , it could take as many as a week for for the system to find out you ported your number to a new provider.  Also, banks also purposely put the delay in case of SIM fraud

So, if it has not been a week yet, you should get all incoming text and 2FA text soon

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@irving wrote:

Not reliably sending and receiving texts. For instance authentication code sent from Apple not received. Texts from friends not received. Any ideas?

@irving - if you did reply "YES" to the Rogers SMS text with the Rogers SIM card in your phone to approve the porting of the phone number over to public mobile, then have you yet to restart your phone with the public mobile SIM card inside?

Also, after porting a number to a new provider some short SMS text codes do take some time to 'find your new account', but this should be resolved within a week easily.

That does not answer though your issue with not receiving texts from friends.

Are you using a 'new to you iphone'?

If so, deregister the number on the current iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

And, set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

If this is not a deregister issue, try performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Port means, did you move your Rogers number over to PM?

Or did you take a PM number. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@irving  

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

@irving  Do you still have rogers SIM card and did you miss the confirmation text to port number over to public mobile 

Did you reply yes to the port authorization text that you should have received from Rogers?

That allows Rogers to enable public mobile to move your number here.

irving

Super quick thank you Handy1. I don't know what port to PM means. I switched last Thursday from Rogers using SIM card sent by Public to me.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@irving  Did you just port to PM ? Or activate SIM 

Need Help? Let's chat.