cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New email address

faithmoorcraft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have recently changed internet providers and have a new email, how can I change the email with public mobile so I can sign in and paid my bill?

12 REPLIES 12

@faithmoorcraft 

can't access to your old email with your account PM,

if can access then tried  Reset Password

and use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,or safari on private mode.

and if can't access to your old email then you need to contact support agent to change email and set new passowrd 

and after you change email successfully,

then change the community email address by yourself > My settings - Community (publicmobile.ca)

to keep all accounts for same email for rewards.

and in the future keep some note for yours email and password and 4 digit PIN..

faithmoorcraft

Yes, I have changed to a gmail account 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sure2806 wrote:

Go to Profile and you can change your email Id there.

@sure2806 

Don't confuse the community email address and self-serve email address.

User can change the email address in the community account and cannot change the email address in the self-serve account.

Read my post (above) for details.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There are 2 separate logins, namely community login and self-serve portal login.

You need 2 pieces of information to login, namely username and password

1.  Community login

-  Username is any name provided you during account creation.  Community account does not use email address as username and can be changed by user any time by going to the account settings --> Personal --> Username page 

-  Don't confuse the email address located at account settings --> Personal --> Email page.  This email address links your community account to your self-serve portal account.  PM uses this address to add the monthly community reward to your self-serve account for your efforts helping members on this community.

2.  Self-Serve Portal login

-  Username is the email address supplied by you during account activation.  It cannot be changed by user.  Otherwise, self-serve portal cannot find your account after your change.  The self-serve email must be change manually by CSA by creating a support ticket.

-  Password is the password provided by you during activation.  It can be changed by using the reset password link on the self-serve login page.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I would suggest to not use an internet providers email so you don’t encounter this again with 

PM or any other utility or financial institution. Use a gmail address. 

@sure2806   you can only do that for Community account, OP could be asking for My Account 

@faithmoorcraft  make sure you change BOTH email on Community account and My Account so they sync

For Community, @sure2806  provided you the way already

For My Account, only PM CS agent can help

Just open ticket with them:

Since you cannot sign-in, just direct message them, 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@faithmoorcraft As I noted  earlier you must contact a service rep to change your email address

@faithmoorcraft 

You can always send the 2FA code by text to your phone.

Once you are in your account but you need to contact a CS_Agent to have your email changed on your account.

@sure2806 Sorry no you can’t

faithmoorcraft

But it won’t let me sign in so I can go do the change! It wants to send an email to verify it’s me and it’s used the old closed email 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@faithmoorcraft Hi you can still use your old email and password to sign into your account but itis best to change your email

you need the help of a service rep

There are two ways to contact a customer service agent , open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca

Or  private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user

sure2806

Go to Profile and you can change your email Id there.

Need Help? Let's chat.