cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New data add-on removed old add-on

lpmastor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was reaching the limit on my data add-on and long-distance add-on and wanted to be proactive and get new add-ons for both before they ran out so I wasn't suddently without data or long-distance if needed.

I had an existing 1G data add-on that had about 200 mb remaining and an existing long-distance add-on with about 18 minutes remaining. When I bought the new add-ons for both, the new long-distance add-on shows up beneath my exising one. However, my old not-fully-used-up data add-on has disappeared from my and now I only have the 1 GB I just bought in my list of add-ons in my account. Is my old add-on still there and I just don't know where to look to see it? I've checked the My Account main page and the "View My Usage" page and neither has the old add-on listed. I'll be very upset if the existing not fully-used data add on has disappeared as I had paid for the full 1 GB of service.

8 REPLIES 8

lpmastor

S'okay.. I figured out how to fix the solution to go to your post. Thanks again.

@lpmastor wrote:

@will13am You're absolutely right. I just looked at the name of the add-on, not the actual amount allowed. I do have 1200 mb available in my 1gb add-on. I had already marked the other post as the solution, but yours is the actual solution. thank you.

That's okay, I can live with one less solution.  The key is you have the answer you need.  BTW, I could unmark the solution.  I don't do these kinds of things on moral grounds. 

lpmastor

@will13am You're absolutely right. I just looked at the name of the add-on, not the actual amount allowed. I do have 1200 mb available in my 1gb add-on. I had already marked the other post as the solution, but yours is the actual solution. thank you.

lpmastor

Thanks all. I've sent the mods a message to see if it can get resolved.

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hmmm then it would seem like some sort of a technical glitch. Perhaps contacting a member of the mod team to escalate the issue would be in order.

@lstokes wrote:

Hi there,

This issue seems like an unfortunate situation with regards to how paying for add-ons works. It seems like you are only able to have one add-on of each type (data, calling, texting) and any new one you get, replaces an old one. Your best course of action would be to contact a moderator to confirm this as well as to see for possible compensation if any.

Cheers,

Liam

I have never personally bought any add-on data and so I cannot comment on how that works or does not work.  I have purchased long distance add-ons for overseas calls.  When I purchase more minute before using up the existing minutes, the remaining minutes are added on to the new minutes purchase.  In fact, I purchased more minutes on the weekend and that is exactly what happened.  I had 55 minutes left from my previous purchased.  Prior to the new purchase, the overview showed 345/400 minutes.  After purchase, it shows 0/455 minutes.  If the data add-on behaves the same, the remaining data should have been added to the new data to form the new total.  The reported usage would reset to 0.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need send a private message to Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your account number

- your phone number 

- your account PIN

- Detailed explanation of specific your issue

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Good Luck

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

This issue seems like an unfortunate situation with regards to how paying for add-ons works. It seems like you are only able to have one add-on of each type (data, calling, texting) and any new one you get, replaces an old one. Your best course of action would be to contact a moderator to confirm this as well as to see for possible compensation if any.

Cheers,

Liam

Need Help? Let's chat.