cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, sim not working

dino7c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I got my sim last night and ported my number over from Telus.  Everything seemed to go well but my public mobile sim is still not working 8 hours later.  No service

Have tried reset, removing sim ect.

Help, can't access my number

6 REPLIES 6

dino7c

Solved with CS help

Thanks everyone 

HI @dino7c 

I think you need help from CS agent and check if the sim was setup properly.

Please submit ticket to CS agent at:   https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):
         https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dino7c

Hey, Telus approved the port...I got the text and email.  No service is working, not even the temporary number for calls out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dino7c   does the phone show SOS  or No Network or SIM not provisioned?

If the sim is not connecting to the network at all, it is likely  a problem with sim card provisioning.  It is an easy fix for support, please open ticket to engage them:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html?lang=en
             Click "Yes, I'm a customer", then click "Sign In", once signed in, ignore the choices and type "Contact agent"
              Then click "Contact Us", and click "My Account".  Finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗ " and you can open the ticket
2. Or if you have trouble with Chatbot, Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dino7c 

Did you reply to the text with YES from Telus with the Telus SIM in the phone during the porting process? You have 90 minutes to reply or poting will be cancelled.

It sounds like your case. You need to submit a ticket on Start a Chat on the bottom of page or private message on a laptop or desktop to restart the porting for you but keep the Telus SIM in your phone to reply to the text. If porting wasn’t completed, it should still work. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dino7c - did you get the text from Telus on the Telus sim to approve the port? IF not, then you'll need to do this or submit a ticket with public mobile.

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

EDIT, actually most services should be working for you, if you activated the sim card. What about texting or data? Outgoing calls...? Incoming calls a normally last when porting.

Can you try your SIM card into another phone to see if any services work?

Need Help? Let's chat.