cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation Not Working

danieljlz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just activated my new sim card with a new number.

The phone is restarted and connected to public mobile and can call out (but no ID showing on the other phone that receives the call).

Tried to call this new number and the call cannot go through. Instead got this:

5ut1, you have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service, please check the number and try again.

Please help.

11 REPLIES 11

@danieljlz wrote:

Update:

Finally got reply from CS_Agent.

"If you need assistance send private message to Moderator_Team Public Mobile"

Any one knows who Moderator_Team is? Couldn't find exact user name when PM.There are some similar names but I don't know which is official.

It's good that everything should be working.  The CSA shoild not be making any reference to Moderator_Team. That username is no longer used. The official username for customers to contact is CS_Agent.

danieljlz

Update: the number is working now.

Thank you all for the help.

danieljlz

Update:

Finally got reply from CS_Agent.

"If you need assistance send private message to Moderator_Team Public Mobile"

Any one knows who Moderator_Team is? Couldn't find exact user name when PM.There are some similar names but I don't know which is official.

Thanks for help.

danieljlz

Thank you all for helping.

PM'd CS Agent an hour ago.

Waiting for the reply...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danieljlz : Would you be willing to change your number? There have been sporadic reports of people picking up numbers that are still kinda in use. Then perhaps in your case you picked up a modem number made for the internet and not calls. iirc my old Telus SmartHub did that. There was a number applied to it, but calls didn't go anywhere. When I put my PM SIM in it though and connect a phone to it, it works.

@danieljlz 

Could be a provisioning problem. Contact a CSA. ( second option is easiest)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danieljlz 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

danieljlz

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

tried all these, not working. I don't understand how this will help since I got the message from a different phone calling this number. It must be a network issue.

Thanks for help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danieljlz 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@danieljlz wrote:

Just activated my new sim card with a new number.

The phone is restarted and connected to public mobile and can call out (but no ID showing on the other phone that receives the call).

Tried to call this new number and the call cannot go through. Instead got this:

5ut1, you have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service, please check the number and try again.

Please help.

Take sim outta phone for a moment...reinstall and boot up again.

Does that help ?

Need Help? Let's chat.