cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim Card

CallaFarn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I changed my sim card, updated the new number in my account, got an email confirming that my new sim card number has been activated, but when I try to use my phone, it says "not registered on network". I tried turning  my phone off and on again, taking the sim card out and putting it back, etc. Nothing 

12 REPLIES 12

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@CallaFarn 

Sorry about that....often only the main Sim IMEI# will be blacklisted in a dual sim phone. Good Luck hopefully you had an honorable seller.

CallaFarn

Rats!! The emei number is blacklisted. But not the emei E sim number. I will contact the seller, but not too hopeful.Thanks very much. This appears to be the issue. Thanks, all.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@CallaFarn 

Check your IMEI# at device check to rule that out.

CallaFarn

Checked. SIM number matches.

CallaFarn

New to me. Second hand. Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

@CallaFarn 

did you make the sim card change request using a Desktop or phone?  there is problem requesting sim card change if you use a phone 

If you used a desktop or laptop, it is good, try to reboot the phone once again

Also, go back to to My Account using Incognito mode, check the profile page and see if it shows the new sim number.  If it does, then you need PM support to help to re-provision the sim card 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@CallaFarn 

A new phone....new, new or second hand new?

Edit:

If it's the latter perhaps rule out blacklisting first....

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Have tried the new Sim card in another device? Do you have one you can borrow to see if the Sim card gets the same message?

CallaFarn

Lost my last phone with the SIM card, so bought a new phone and card.

CallaFarn

Lost my last phone with the SIM card. Bought a new phone and card.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CallaFarn 

You might also want to double check your self service account to make sure that the SIM card numbers match. Make sure that there were no typos when you entered the new SIM card number. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@CallaFarn 

It's quite possible that when you changed your Sim card it didn't provision correctly to your account. Do you have your old Sim card? Was it working before you swapped Sim cards? If yes put it back in your phone and see if it works. If no then you just transferred your issue to your new Sim card and will need to contact customer support to fix it.

Click on SIMon at the bottom of your page to submit a ticket or send a private message using the link below if you cannot use the chatbot.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CallaFarn 

You are doing the correct procedures to your phone working after switching to a new SIM card.

What is your reason why you want a new SIM on your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.