cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim Card

Obvious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I get a "not registered on network" error.

7 REPLIES 7

Hey @Obvious  Sorry I crashed hard last night and thought I'd reply before I crash hard again tonight. 12 hour shifts do that to you!! Anywho, you should be seeing Public Mobile as an option. No?

Yes Telus is the owner

Obvious

The network choices that come up are: Telus, Freedom, Bell and Rogers. Does Public use Telus?

@Obvious wrote:

I already had an account set up. I just switched out a faulty SIM. I updated the SIM number in my profile.

How were you certain you had a faulty SIM @Obvious ?

It sound like you updated the new SIM number in the profile section of your My Account.  From there, unless you had previously marked/labelled your account as Lost/Stolen in which case you need to remove that designation, simply try rebooting your device.

Additionally, can you try the newly assigned SIM card in another device to see if it can access the network.

You may need to reset the networks on your phone then reboot. That should work. Just note that it will erase all your WiFi passwords and any bluetooth devices.

If you're still having issues after that, reach out to a CS Agent and advise them you switched SIM and even changed to the correct one on your account and it's not working.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Also, you may wish to go back into your account and confirm it is indeed the same SIM card number. Zeros vs o and such.

Obvious

I already had an account set up. I just switched out a faulty SIM. I updated the SIM number in my profile.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Obvious 

Did you follow the instruction to sign up using the app?

How to sign up with Public Mobile

Chalupa_Batman_0-1705281449489.png

Need Help? Let's chat.