cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM

Ayva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - 

My daughter lost her phone so I logged into her Public account to change her SIM number when we got a new card. I type in the new number and when I hit save, the numbers all go back to zeros, not letting me save the new number. Help! 

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ayva wrote:

Hi - 

My daughter lost her phone so I logged into her Public account to change her SIM number when we got a new card. I type in the new number and when I hit save, the numbers all go back to zeros, not letting me save the new number. Help! 

@Ayva  - if your daughter's account still in Lost/Stolen mode in her My Account? If so, go in and select Resume/Reactivate service.

Then log out and log back in. 

Then try the SIM swap again.

If still issues with your My Account, click here to request a direct SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ayva   She was using the phone to try the change sim request?

there is a problem with the mobile site (when you use mobile phone) to request Change sim card.

please login My Account using a desktop or laptop, the full site will be loaded and Changing sim card there will work

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ayva 

Are you having an issue with the page "saving" the Sim card change? Log out and reboot your device. Clear your browser and log in using secret/incognito mode. Make sure you have 2FA enabled on your profile page. Attempt the Sim card change again and save. Regardless of the outcome disable 2FA again before you log out if you prefer to not go thru that PITA procedure every time you log in. If you could not save the Sim card swap again then contact customer support to perform the Sim swap for you.

I have had this issue....I recommend a private message explaining in detail the issue and include the pre-verifiers of your account. Include the new Sim card # in your message and ask for the CSA to send you the extra verification questions. The list contained in the spoiler of the linked post below will give you an idea of what you could be asked. To be prepared and cut down on back and forth response times have your account # and payment info handy as at least one of them will be one of the verification questions.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Get-Support-Contact-Customer-Support/td-p...

Ayva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can’t save the new SIM. That’s the problem. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ayva 

After saving the SIM number, log out and try the new SIM in the replacement device. 

Does it work?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ayva @Try signing in again incognito mode private mode there are cache issues and or even another device like a lap top 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Ayva 

Try again but on a computer or laptop instead.

Try logging into the website using a browser in incognito or private mode first.

Need Help? Let's chat.