cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PM user - Random Data Network Drops Several Times a Day

ace_phone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

About one week ago I got a new OnePlus 6 phone and moved to Public Mobile from Telus at the same time. I've got a  4G LTE plan and I play Pokemon Go amongst other things. I immedietely started experiencing problems with playing Pokemon Go on Data but I thought it was because there was a big update expected that weekend because the game would act like it was stuck trying to download something and when I got back to wireless it would go away.

Once I finally got the download. I could no longer blame that. 

Now, Several times a day, I get a "Network Connection Error." After which, my game won't reconnect until I can find WIFI, even though it appears I have data connectivity again.

Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9

Do you have a case on your phone?  Could you be holding the phone blocking the antenna?

ace_phone

Putting the SIM in my old phone, I don't get any problems.

Changing the APN settings didn't make any difference.

I did a factory reboot which seems to have helped quite a bit. I still get data drops, but I'm able to get back on without finding a WIFI signal so I'm okay with that. I wish I knew what had caused the problem in the first place though. But it's not Public Mobile so that's good news.

Thanks for your help.

ace_phone

I have a OnePlus 6 and am having Network connection errors constantly while on data 4G LTE. This has been from day one. New phone. New network.

Folks on this community say it must be a phone problem, and OnePlus customer service say it must be a network problem. 

OnePlus customer service suggests that there should be an APN setting for their phones available from the Network. Has anyone heard of this?

ace_phone

It is happening everywhere and with increasing frequency. I intend to try my old phone once I recharge it.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This sounds like a phone issue.  The first thing I would do is try to correlate the location where problems are occuring to the outage map.  If it is not network outage, then it is the phone. 

http://canadianoutages.com/status/telus/map/

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Check...

• APN settings
  • Disabling 4G (That happened to my Huawei)
  • Location (Check the nearest cell tower...Telus also uses Bell towers)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ace_phone

When all suggestions above failed to fix your problem. Do a network reset.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

1. Check your APN settings.

2. Change network settings and see if that helps.

3. Reboot your phone.

Let us know if that helps. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can you try the sim in your old phone?  This helps isolate account vs hardware issues .

Is it happening everywhere or just one location

Try switching the network frequency you are using or switch to 3g instead of lte

Need Help? Let's chat.