cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - everything went perfect

Zombie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, in what may be a contrast to some of the posts here, I just wanted to mention that yesterday I ordered a SIM card.  It arrived in my mailbox this morning, I activated it, ported my Wind Mobile number and within about 15-20 minutes I was fully up and working.  I did have to manually input the APN on my Zenfone3 but other than that it was smooth sailing.  Good to see, that at least for new customers after the big promo (wish I would have gotten in on that) the processes are smooth.  Hopefully the mods get everyone else sorted out soon!

Initial comparisons to my old Wind service are very, very favourable. from 300kbps to (at 3am) 6mbps on speedtest, to 25mbps during the daytime on PM LTE and snappy page load times/data session connections, I'm really really impressed.  I didn't want to wait a year for Wind LTE to get to Kitchener and I was a bit cheesed that they were not going to reward their longsuffering and loyal customers with grandfathered plans into LTE (which requires a phone purchase after just buying one a month ago).  Seeya Wind/Freedom/whatever.

6 REPLIES 6

Matx

@Zombie

Another happy customer and welcome to Public Mobile !!!

Zombie

Thanks; makes sense.  I got a plan that should be a little more than I need (but who knows, maybe I'll use more data now that it actually works vs Wind?)

I ported my wife's phone over today, did have some issues with the activation, I had to click Activate again after I got an error, and then had to manually re-enable her Autopay, but it basically seemed to work.  Selfserve was slow, so probably just transactions timing out and stuff.  Servers must be smoking with all the people moving over.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whohooo thank you for bringing some light into the dark community. I was a little absent from the community because I couldn’t see those failed activation issues anymore…  (Kudos to the members who kept going… )

To answer your question: As PM plans are prepaid plans, there is no proration if you switch mid-plan. You can either change the plan right away but you have to pay the new plan in full again and you lose the unused part of the old plan.... Or you can switch at renewal date.

Zombie

That's great.  It's annoying companies who don't offer promos for existing customers.  To their credit Wind did this also.

Only question I have so far (and I think I know the answer) is, if I upgrade plans mid cycle do I get some kind of pro-rated credit for existing service when I upgrade?  I'm thinking no, that I'd just need to restrain my usage or purchase "add-ons" to get me through to the next billing cycle.

Anyway, like the clean interface, everything is pretty straightforward and intuitive.  I'd say good work PM, I hope they keep up their customer centric culture and aggressive pricing/promos, despite being owned by a Big-3.

Glad to hear that you hada  nice and easy transition.  Mine was as well for the 3 lines I brought over during the promo.  As for missing the promo just keep paying attention PM offered teh promo to existing customers as well not justnew customers so the next time they have one check it out as you will be able to get it as well hopefully.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

alirazaa

Welcome to PM family

Need Help? Let's chat.