cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE change the US addons to be like Koodo

bharris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The way koodos addons work is much much better. Please change the US addons to be like koodo.

This will help the many people who work on both sides of the border, live on the border or travel alot

Koodos boosters are more expensive but they do not expire as long as you have service on your phone

PLEASE PLEASE change the US addons.

Many people will switch back to koodo just  becuase of this. I dont care how much the addons cost just make them so they dont expire

9 REPLIES 9

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bharris wrote:

You are qouting the wrong US addons for Koodo.

They are here and they do not expire as long as your service is active. They are way better than Public mobiles due to the fact that they do not expire. You can buy a 1000 texts that you can use when you need them.  

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans

U.S. Roaming Data Booster Add-ons7

$20500 MB
$550 MB

U.S. Roaming Talk Booster Add-ons7

$20250 mins
$525 mins

U.S. Roaming Text Booster Add-ons8

$201000 texts
$5250 texts

Not entirely. As I said you are comparing Addons to Roaming which are two different things.  If you compare Roaming to Roaming, PM > Koodo.  What PM does not have are US addons.

bharris

So to compare

Say you travel to the USA once per month for a year and you send 80 texts each time you are there.

Public mobile it would cost you $8 x 12 months = $96 

Koodo it would cost you $20 for 1000 texts = $20

bharris

You are qouting the wrong US addons for Koodo.

They are here and they do not expire as long as your service is active. They are way better than Public mobiles due to the fact that they do not expire. You can buy a 1000 texts that you can use when you need them.  

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans

U.S. Roaming Data Booster Add-ons7

$20500 MB
$550 MB

U.S. Roaming Talk Booster Add-ons7

$20250 mins
$525 mins

U.S. Roaming Text Booster Add-ons8

$201000 texts
$5250 texts

Subbanator96

Honestly, I dislike the idea of having it not expire. Then while I'm travelling, every text I send will feel like "do I really need to send this? I can just keep my minutes/money for the next time I travel. " Theres also the possibility of running out in an emergency situation. I much prefer having unlimited for a limited amount of time since I'm rarely in the states for long. While I would appreciate having other options for stokers like you, I'd be upset if they changed it right away. ESpecially because it's brand new and I already tried, and enjoyed it. 

RLBL

TBH, I am confused about : Don't expire. If you are talking about the Koodo boosters, that is different from Roaming. The PM addons do not expire either (the same way the Koodo boosters do not expire). One difference: PM does not have US boosters (which would be nice)

Correct me if I am wrong, but you are not comapring apples with apples (you are comparing US booster addons with US roaming, which are not the same)

Koodo pre-paid plan boosters:

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans

Now talking about Roaming:

https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Addons

Looking at the koodo addons, they do expire depending which you pick (3 days, 10 days or 30 days)

Now let's look at some caparisons:

• 10 days

unl. Talk, text and 250 MB data

Koodo: $45

PM: $20

• 30 days

unl Talk, text and 750MB data 

Koodo:  $75

PM (buying 10 days 3 times): $60

Here is where it gets bad

• Let's say you need 20 consecutive days

Koodo: either pay the 30 days at $75 (750MB) or 2x10 days at $90 (500 MB)

PM: $40 for 500 MB.  Need more data? get an additional 250MB/10Days for $10 ($20 total) = $60

• Let's say you need 2 weeks, but not consective (e.g. half the month in the US and the other in Canada in non-consecutive weeks.

Koodo: either pay the 30 days at $75 (750MB) or 2x10 days at $90 (2x250 MB)

PM: $40 (250 MB/Week that you are there)

I may not be looking at the full picture or your specific case, but PLEASE DO NOT make PM US roaming like Koodo. However, the addition of US boosters would be cool...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think we are lucky to have US Roaming as a new feature, who knows it miht get tweaked in the future

• 4 day weekend plan maybe for those quick vegas trips 🙂

For people constantly traveling to the US is'nt it better simply to get a US sim card? and use a voip like fongo (forward PM to Fongo), or forward to US using long distance addon.

I keep reading posts where people want the either the bare minimum plans or  the moon.  I believe PM created its plans to achieve the most value for the average customer and profit for itself.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you kidding me? You said koodo us romaing addon better than PM? no way. 3 days price for the PM 10 days price. That is dumb.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

THe US addons were just introduced, i wouldnt count on any changes anytime soon.

Koodo and PM and Telus all have different operating models and offer different services for a reason.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bye

Need Help? Let's chat.