cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation Failed: Need To Transfer Existing Telus #

Duatyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! 🙂

I'm already an existing Public Mobile user, but I'm trying to set things up for a new account for a family member.

My family member has a number they want to keep, and they are currently with Telus monthly billing. I tried going the automated route by clicking I want to port an existing number, typing in all the requested account info of the previous provider, selecting a plan, payment information... and then it failed at verifying number.

I assume I need to try this process again and pick "new number" as a "temporary" measure, and then post back here?

Thank you in kind for any assistance you may provide. 🙂

~Dustyn~

12 REPLIES 12

@Duatyn  Whoo hoo happy to hear , we glad you got it all figured out ! And to your family member welcome to public mobile 

Duatyn

I made sure to use my existing referral code. 👍🏻😃🍻

Duatyn

A big thank you to everyone who replied! 🍻

My family members phone is up and running! 😃 So it appears the easiest thing to do is to create a public mobile account using a temp number, then log into that account and choose change phone number option. There I can port a number easily and very quickly without any issues. 👍🏻

Duatyn

Thank you very much for your initial reply! That got me on the right track and I marked it as the accepted answer.

CHEERS! 🍻

Duatyn

Thank you for your very concise reply about logging into my account and porting a new number. That was very helpful!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Duatyn  Also seeing as your already a customer be sure to put your referral code in on page 4 of the activation process before you make payment also 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Duatyn 

as a personal preference, I'd suggest taking a temp number. Then when your plan is up and stabilized...initiate port of your old number.

That way, you can test drive PM.

@Duatyn 

1. Activate with temp number
  2. Log into self serve site and go to "Change My Number" (you'll find that under the Profile section) 
  3. Choose option to port number from another provider

@Duatyn  Create account with temp number then port Telus number in , just remember to leave Telus SIM card in phone until you receive confirmation text to port from Telus you have 90 mins to do so if you miss this window then you will need to call porting team to restart that port process or it can possible be done verbally at that point ….. this is all assuming now you don’t have active account , was your cc charged when your tried to activate ? If it was and you already have SIM card activated then and missed the text just call … if not sand you still need to activate then go with temp number and don’t forget to leave old SIM card in for the confirmation text and yes pick a random number first then proceed to port .. also you will need Telus account number it may ask for the imei number no need to give this info as it often causes hiccups in the porting process 

Duatyn

Thank you so much for all this info so far. 🙂

Now, should I create a Public Mobile account first with a temporary new number, or just call the number port team?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Duatyn  I’ll sent your the port  team number private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.