cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account

amenges
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I helped a friend start their new account with public mobile. After we got to the last part , she received this message.

"generic error"

I tried to sign in with the account name again. However; it not accepting the log in name that I originally made. I tried to make a new account with the SIM card and it keeps saying Invalid SIM. 

I also recevied a referral credit for the account ? Will she need to buy a new SIM card? 

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@amenges  Insert the sim into the device. Does it connect to the network? If yes, click here to register your selfserve account.

If no,  best to submit a ticket for help.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The initial activation process has likely progressed beyond the point of no return where retrying is not possible.  As suggested, getting support from the moderator team is needed.  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Contact @CS_Agent , and sleep soundly. There is nothing you can do that will improve the situation by buying a new sim and signing up again.

To contact a moderator, create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand (e.g. no service, can't send texts, can't call out or no data). Answer Simon's questions until you get here:

Spoiler
supportticket.png

@CS_Agent will respond to your concern through the community's private messaging system, usually within 48 hours.

Watch for this indicator of a private message from a moderator.

privatemsg.png

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST; Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

@amenges wrote:

I helped a friend start their new account with public mobile. After we got to the last part , she received this message.

"generic error"

I tried to sign in with the account name again. However; it not accepting the log in name that I originally made. I tried to make a new account with the SIM card and it keeps saying Invalid SIM. 

I also recevied a referral credit for the account ? Will she need to buy a new SIM card? 

You'll need to figure out if the account was opened.  First off, if your friend got to the submitting the payment, check the card's online statement to see if it was charged. If the card was charged, your firend will probably need a moderator's help to fix the failed account creation attempt.

If the credit card/visa debit card was not charged, wait 50 minutes before trying again at activate.publicmobile.ca.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@amenges 

First check if your friend's credit card was charged.  If charged, try to put in the SIM card.

If not charged, you can try again.  Might need to wait one hour.  Or try a different web browser, clearing cache or going incognito mode.  Chrome incongito seems to work with this site  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amenges 

Test her SIM card to determine whether it is working or not.

Need Help? Let's chat.