cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account - Cannot login

jabone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started the new account setup process. At the last step of the process, i got an error saying my account could not be created. I did receive the verification email though and completed verification. I also received the activation details as well which shows how much i need to pay / auto pay enrollment info.

If i try to login, the email adress is not recognized (i tried forgot password but it didn't recongnize).

I am a previous koodo customer and unfortunately used the same email adress for signup. I have since changed the email on my koodo account but this has not helped.

Any idea how to get this resolved? I did email PM.

6 REPLIES 6

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jabone

Thank you for providing us with this update.

Can you please send me your SIM card number via private message ? I'll take a look at this for you.

I look forward to your reply,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jabone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried again to activate my SIM. This time when i try, i get the error message "This sim is not active". I did not get this error message the last time.

If i go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca, i cannot continue because unfortunately, i am not sure what my Public mobile number is (didn't record it because i am trying to port my old number from Koodo).

Also, i tried putting the Public Mobile Sim in my phone. A network shows up but i have no data or texting. My phone number also does not show up.

If there is a mod looking into this issue, the email adress associated with this username is not the same as the email i used when signing up (it would not let me use that email for some reason).

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

So just to clarify, @jabone should head over to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Click on the "Create Account" link and follow instructions.  It will require you to enter a 6 digit verification code that the system will send to your phone via sms.  Hope this works for you.  

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jabone

Welcome to Public Mobile!

I'm really sorry to hear about this, we have had quite a few similar issues these days.

Can you try creating a new account ? It's possible the self-serve creation did not complete, and that you need to register once more.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @jabone!  

Welcome to PM!  One of our super moderators will be able to sort this out for you, look out for them to respond and provide the info they need via private message to speed things up.  

Have you tested your new PM sim card in your phone yet?  Service may be active already judging from the confirmation email you have received.  

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

a mod will have to look into this,

@Shazia_K @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.