cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G Account with eSIM, Cannot Make Calls Out.

Rooty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just opened a new 5G account on PM, purchased an eSIM and transferred my phone number from Koodo. As far as i can tell the eSIM installed ok and I did reply "Yes" to the Koodo message about migrating my phone number. I have also rebooted my phone (iphone15 ProMax) several times. I can receive calls and send texts, but I cannot make calls out. When I attempt to do so I get a voice message that says "7B1 your phone is not activated on the network". I am hoping a PM agent can look into this and reply to me with a solution. I was unable to create a support ticket (just got a 404 error on the web page).

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Rooty

@softech

I checked the settings and they are as you have indicated. I then did a Reset All Networks three times but it still doesn't work. I will open a ticket with PM. Thanks for your help.

@Rooty wrote:

I still had the Koodo physical SIM installed. As suggested, I have removed the Koodo SIM. Now only the PM eSIM is showing in my cellular settings. The Network Selection is showing as Public Mobile. The Cellular Data settings are showing the APN as "isp.mb.com" and the Line is on. Strangely though, the phone is showing 3G next to the signal bars. Still can't make any calls.

APN settings are unrelated to the ability or inability to make phone calls.

@Rooty 

On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.  

For network mode, you can leave it with 5G Auto or 4G (or LTE)

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Rooty

I am on an iPhone15 ProMax. I set the APN to "sp.mb.com" but that made no difference. I tapped the Reset Settings under the Cellular Data Network but that only reset the APN back to "isp.mb.com" again. Username and Password are blank. I do not see any place where I can see the other settings you put in your last post. Also, the "3G" icon beside the signal bars will sometimes start flashing on and off for a couple minutes.

@Rooty 

are you on iPhone or Android?

First try Reset All networks, then test

If issue persists, try APN settings (there could be couple things to update, for example, it should be sp.mb.com and not isp.mb.com)

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms
         or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
           (might need to include DUN for hotspot, please note case sensitive)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Rooty

I still had the Koodo physical SIM installed. As suggested, I have removed the Koodo SIM. Now only the PM eSIM is showing in my cellular settings. The Network Selection is showing as Public Mobile. The Cellular Data settings are showing the APN as "isp.mb.com" and the Line is on. Strangely though, the phone is showing 3G next to the signal bars. Still can't make any calls.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rooty 

first, is your Koodo sim removed (if physical) or disable (if eSIM)?  

you see the phone showing clearly that it is connected to Public Mobile network and not Koodo?  We need to make sure if you are calling from the Koodo sim card or PM's.  Please remove the Koodo sim card if it is physical or disable it if it is an esim

And check if the phone showing the PM esim is installed and enable  (and if it is iPhone, make sure it is  set as Primary and Turn on this line is enabled)

Need Help? Let's chat.