cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New $40 plan is great however...

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The new $40 plan with 4Gig of data is great, however, talk is province wide. I absolutely need a Canada wide plan. If it is so, I switch over right away.

8 REPLIES 8

zmh1175

Yes I agreed with LD addon much better than canada wide plan which you pay 5 dollars extra every month. addon doesnt expire at all. Also you can use lots of apps to make the LD phone call too which is free with data service. e.g google hangout dialer.

oceanwind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

If someone tries to call you when you are away from home province, he/she can call you on hangouts and the call will ring thru on you cellphone?

Assuming he/she has to have Hangouts app on their phone to call you?

Thanks

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

If you need a large amount of Canada-wide talk, but will be calling from your home province, using the Google Hangouts Dialer would fit your need.

The Hangouts dialer integrates with your contacts, and will also display your cell # as your caller ID (as long as you've verified that phone number with Google).

So when you make a call, you would use the Hangouts dialer, and the person you called would see your normal cell #.  If they were to call you back, the call would ring through as normal on your cellphone.

Hope this helps,

Neil

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you are trying to be really cost effective, I would use VoIP.ms and a sip client  $0.009 per minute anywhere in N.A.  you can even set your CLID to match cell number so folks think you are calling from your cell.

The LD add-ons look really great, and are the easiest to implement. 

TK

AS a matter of fact, you pay 0.7c/min with KeepCalling for Canada long distance (quality is great). But the problem is that you should be in your province.

CiCi mobile app is pay as you go for 2¢/minute; 1/2 PM cost but definitely less convenient than the add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How much Canada wide talk do you think you need? There are very reasonably priced add-on packages ($8 200 mins, $15 400 mins) that might cover your needs. And these also cover US calling, plus don't expire.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I'm sorry, but the only way to get the Canada wide, would be to purchase LD ADDONS.  You get your allotment of minutes, and only use them as they are needed.  The great thing is, they don't expire at end of 90 days, unless you use them all.  They stay as long as you take to use them

A couple options for long distance, use the fongo app, or even FB Messenger voice. You've got lots of data on LTE, and if you have WiFi available at home 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.