cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need new sim card and new number from another province

curlyhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Currently I'm in NB and I have a 506-... number but I will move to ON next month. I want to keep my NB number and order a new sim card and get a new number from ON. I should order a new sim card with NB address and then is it possible to choose my ON number?

6 REPLIES 6

@curlyhead  

Do you actually need to be able to use two different phones?  If not, there may be cheaper alternatives available to keep the old phone number. You could then forward phone calls to that number, although text messages can't be forwarded.

@curlyhead 

Of course if just moving from NB to ON and wanting a new local number to your location in ON you could simply change your existing number. No new SIM needed for that and you quickly and easily do the number change online.

But it sounds as though you want to have two numbers on two different phones. Some phones have dual SIM capability allowing two numbers on the same phone. So you would activate a new account by referring yourself preferably when there is a good New Customer promotion. You can lock into getting the second month free if you register an email address by midnight eastern today and then activating it by November 13. But there likely will be some promotions later this month around Black Friday as well.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020

Other considerations are that if you have several rewards on your existing Public Mobile account such as loyalty reward if you have been here a year or more and friend referral rewards and you plan on working at converting over to your new Ontario number possibly cancelling the NB number and account in the future, you will lose your current rewards doing that. You might be better to change that number to the new Ontario number and then see what you can do to recover the NB number for a new account with the assistance of a Public Mobile Moderator but check with them before doing anything. Or maybe just picking a new NB number for. New account is sufficient if you change your current account to an Ontario number? 

Lots of things to consider. Feed us some more info about your plans, what plan you are on, how ;one you have been with PM etc and we can advise you further.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@curlyhead wrote:

Perfect! so they don't need proof of address.

None of the information is verified. Obviously to receive via mail needs to be real. The account only needs a real email address and real money 🙂

curlyhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous Perfect! so they don't need proof of address.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@curlyhead wrote:

Hi all,

Currently I'm in NB and I have a 506-... number but I will move to ON next month. I want to keep my NB number and order a new sim card and get a new number from ON. I should order a new sim card with NB address and then is it possible to choose my ON number?

@curlyhead Just to be sure, you plan on having two accounts and two different phone numbers? If yes, as indicated by @Anonymous you can do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@curlyhead wrote:

Hi all,

Your address doesn't matter. You can choose any number across the country.

Edit: you'll need another unique email address for the new account

Need Help? Let's chat.